Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Aviak

Default Bard stats. Lambert armor?

I'm finding the only piece for the prices I've seen that I really like is the BP. I feel like other slots could be filled with items with more hp. For kiting should I be getting HP items or is there something better to focus on?
Old 07-13-2016, 01:57 PM
Kobold

It's all about looking fresh in that deep blue plate, less so much about the stats.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:03 PM
Kobold

Lambent armor is basically Fine Plate Armor with some random stats and a blue dye slapped on them.

Start your bard life with full banded and two Platinum Fire Wedding Rings. Add stats via earrings and weapons. You'll come across random Kunark chain items with better stats than some of the Lambent pieces.

Eventually, progress with a plate mix that works for you.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:03 PM
Aviak

That's what I was thinking after I learned the term "fashion quest" when I asked someone why seemingly mundane armor cost so much. Personally I'm not about that life at the moment. I have a lambent BP which has good stats but is there something comparable but cheaper I could put there and just fill in other slots with some stuff I get from the leftover money?

Edit: ^^ I've got lambent bp, goo strand wrist/banded, iksar scale glove and cloak of leaves. Rest is a combo of banded/bronze. Working on filling the earing/rings.

What stats for bards? I read dex to avoid failing songs and ac/hp after that for survivability?
Last edited by dcbone86; 07-13-2016 at 02:07 PM..
Old 07-13-2016, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Your gonna swarm do it in style. Doesn't matter what your wearing if you get hit your ass is dead anyways.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-13-2016, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

If you're primarily kiting, the only time additional HP would save you is during the pull and even then you shouldn't be getting hit all that often (if at all). The only stats I would consider beneficial would be strength so you can carry more loot and dex so you miss less notes. Otherwise, you can just run around naked with instruments and you're golden. Which is also why people get lambent armor, since stats don't matter too much in comparison to other melee, they go for fashionquest.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Lambent is best obtained form questing, not EC. Questing pieces of lambent armour is a totally different experience to levelling a bard, so provides some breaks and giving the player a chance to breath.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:07 PM
Sarnak

If you're kiting and HP matters, you're in trouble, bud.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

Paineel plate set for kiting..Fashionquest matters...
Old 07-16-2016, 12:34 AM
Aviak

Look up Mystic Koada'dal gear.
Closed Thread