Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Default PSA to new players...

Server chat is rife at the moment with knocking the "red" (PvP) server and trying to make it seem like a hostile place to play.

Please treat the trolls accordingly. You're always welcome to give EQ pvp a try whether you played on the Zek servers back in the day or whether you're just curious.

It is still a growing community but the hard work pays off later on, and with a group XP bonus in place you can get into the 30s and onwards fairly quickly if you make some pals and group regularly.

I'm still offering to make resist gear, HP rings and other items at cost price (the cost of the bar and gem) to anyone starting out who can get some plat together.

Best wishes and welcome to Project 1999,

Swish.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

We also have "Loot and Scoot" and a number of other rules to protect new players from feeling like they are being harassed. Even though it's a PvP server, and competition is fierce, you will never have to worry about getting locked out of playing for hours at a time. Or being killed over and over and over. We've put systems in place to just make the overall environment much more welcoming to new players than it has been in the past.

We made a number of other improvements as well; if you haven't tried Red in a while, it's time to give it another shot. You might be pleasantly surprised!
Old 08-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

How about some resources for us who have never played pvp in eq? Maybe a few links to where we can get some info and how the pvp system works.

I've wanted to try it for a while but i wasn't sure how it works, I'm thinking I step into a newbie zone and get owned by someone +3 levels above me. Is it team based? Can two newbies just beat the hell out of each other? Just some concerns like that.

Is there any literature for new players for survive-ability based on your first character? Maybe which one would be best to start with?

Sorry for the question dump, thanks for the time.
Last edited by HtotheK; 08-17-2014 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: *a word
Old 08-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

The red server is FFA PvP within 4 lvls of your current level, but in terms of leveling/grief there's also a great xp bonus for grouping, so not everyone you meet will be trying to kill you right off the bat

There is no item loot but there is coin loot; bank or carry gems accordingly

also the link below details some of the things about the server; the only one on that links list that isn't in game is the area/city-based ooc; ooc is global

one other thing: when you get killed at level 10+ in PvP the result of the battle will be displayed server wide in yellow text.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=148678
Last edited by Laugher; 08-17-2014 at 06:05 PM..
Old 08-17-2014, 06:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sound delicious, thanks for the info. Think I'll give it a try.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

There are plans for a pvp teams server but they're still way off in the distance. Now is a good time to "practice" and get acquainted with EQ pvp mechanics.

Some real basics:

- Fear doesnt work in pvp but snare/darkness/whirl til you hurl does.
- A lot of players gear for magic resistance so it can make playing magic based caster classes quite difficult (enchanter etc).
- Hybrids generally do well.
- Melee classes "joust" a lot, trying to dodge a timed running attack from other melees while trying to land an attack themselves (toggling auto attack on and off accordingly).
- Clerics can outheal wiz nukes to a point.
- Popular leveling zones on blue can be dangerous (MM/Unrest/CoM etc).
- The best way to play is to group up, make friends and try not to solo to 60.
-
Old 08-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Several characters on blue already. Plus Blue is heavily camped for dedicated levelers. Time for a change. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

LOL my tip for winning a AON / COF was deleted? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] No love for the AON/COF joke?

P.S. Mods, lock / delete the AON / COF thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (thats really all im after =P )
Old 08-17-2014, 11:09 PM
Fire Giant

Server chat would be saying nothing about Red if you'd stop making these threads.

Also, red is awful.
Closed Thread