Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-04-2016, 06:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Been having connection issues for about 1 month now, it happens when I zone or try to login. It seems like the server is trying to return packets that are failing causing the connection to be lost, making it so you cant login or never finish zoning.

Example of problem.

I try to sign into the login server and no servers will show. If i continue to try to log in they eventualy show up. When they do show up, and I click login to P99, sometimes it will give me a connection error or timeout, If I persist and keep trying in about 5-20 trys it will let me connect to the server.

At this point it still has a chance to not load when selecting your character, It will start loading the world and then never load the zone, making you have to try all over again after closing the program.

Once I am logged into the server, I can be on all day long with zero problems as long as I dont zone, but as soon as I zone there is a great chance going LD and getting stuck zoning, then once again have to do the login BS again.

Skype / Mumble / Other games / Web, all work fine with zero issues. I have restarted modems/routers , cleared my DNS, changed my DNS, checked my EQEMU hosts file to make sure its pointing to correct login server, tried a new install of titanium, all have the same issue. Starting to think it might not be at my end.

Been playing for over a year and a half with zero problems untill about 1 month ago.
Its making the game alot less fun to play when you go link dead all the time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 09-04-2016, 06:29 PM
Kobold

Preach it brother Razz. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Sarnak

I'm having a tough time logging in as well. I freeze sometimes on zoning then can't log in.
I'm on ATT in California
Old 09-04-2016, 07:24 PM
Kobold

I can't get past server select. It's either empty (mostly) or it fails logging in. What has ATT done to us?
Old 09-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Aviak

Same problems. Been going on for a few days. ATT in Dallas Texas area.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:23 PM
Aviak

BTW, I switch to mobile hot spot and it works fine.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzulx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been having connection issues for about 1 month now, it happens when I zone or try to login. It seems like the server is trying to return packets that are failing causing the connection to be lost, making it so you cant login or never finish zoning.

Example of problem.

I try to sign into the login server and no servers will show. If i continue to try to log in they eventualy show up. When they do show up, and I click login to P99, sometimes it will give me a connection error or timeout, If I persist and keep trying in about 5-20 trys it will let me connect to the server.

At this point it still has a chance to not load when selecting your character, It will start loading the world and then never load the zone, making you have to try all over again after closing the program.

Once I am logged into the server, I can be on all day long with zero problems as long as I dont zone, but as soon as I zone there is a great chance going LD and getting stuck zoning, then once again have to do the login BS again.

Skype / Mumble / Other games / Web, all work fine with zero issues. I have restarted modems/routers , cleared my DNS, changed my DNS, checked my EQEMU hosts file to make sure its pointing to correct login server, tried a new install of titanium, all have the same issue. Starting to think it might not be at my end.

Been playing for over a year and a half with zero problems untill about 1 month ago.
Its making the game alot less fun to play when you go link dead all the time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I am facing this same exact issue. Did not previously have issues until recently... I am NOT an ATT customer; instead a local internet provider (more regional).
Old 09-04-2016, 11:55 PM
Orc

Every problem/symptom that is being described is happening to me. AT&T Indiana.

Note* It has only started a couple of days ago
Last edited by mythias; 09-05-2016 at 12:07 AM..
Old 09-05-2016, 02:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

start comparing your traceroutes to 66.55.145.2.... i bet you'll find the common denominator....

Looks like server is hosted at gameservers.com which is hosted behind choopa which is having an issue their connectivity to certain providers (mainly att).... this is just a guess.

edit: looks like it might finally be fixed... it's working on every attempt now.
Last edited by HtotheK; 09-05-2016 at 02:25 AM..
Old 09-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Large Rat

Default not fixed yet

Not for me anyway still getting blank server screens etc