Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

Default Cheap bags

Other than Toolboxes in Steamfont/AkAnon, are there any other cheap bags people would recommend for other areas of the world for rank newbs?
Old 11-18-2019, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

I mean, Shralok bags and lion hide backpacks
Old 11-18-2019, 04:18 PM
Orc

Look for Medicine Bags. 8 slot bags that weigh less than 1. Also look for people selling, or craft your own, tailored bags. These have a 10% weight reduction.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:22 PM
Aviak

At around level 15, and with some low level ogre help, you can do the forager bag quest.

https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Emissary

For extra newb bags, it never hurts to do a little wiki search for quests that give you bags to fill and combine stuff in. You don't worry about the quest, just use the bags. Something like the tax collector quest. Just don't hit the combine or it eats your items.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Taxes
Old 11-18-2019, 04:25 PM
Large Rat

You can do the bug collection quest in Misty Thicket for a box. Some nice quest rewards...or just chuck the list and use the box...

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bug_Collection
Old 11-18-2019, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Archie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look for Medicine Bags. 8 slot bags that weigh less than 1. Also look for people selling, or craft your own, tailored bags. These have a 10% weight reduction.
For me this was the best upgrade once I had about 10 plat, as each bag costs 1ppish ...

The difference in weight them being only 0.4 units of eq weight (stones? kilos? grams? Tom cruises?) is HIGHLY noticeable!

Toolboxes are great for bank storage or in a pinch as regular bags, but they like backpacks weight a bit (3.0 units of eq weight, perhaps 3.0 Tom Cruises, Kilos or Grams)

Also if you do the classic trick of carrying a bunch of gorget patterns and a small sewing kit you can turn all damaged hides into real worthy items to sell back to vendors and raise tailoring, giving you a better chance at making tailored backpacks , that although being heavy have 10% reductions.

Best for me is medicine bags overall, cant beat them.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 11-18-2019, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

People have already suggested some good and reasonably accessible bags. Two more I would recommend for the very beginning of your Norrathian adventures: Tailored Large Bag and Tailored Large Belt Pouch. You might have to farm up some spiderling silk. I bet you can easily find someone with 40+ Tailoring to make these for you.

Though they are only 6 slots, the bags themselves weigh 0.6 or 0.8 TC (Tom Cruises), allowing you to carry heavier items (but fewer).

I believe in carrying a variety of bags: some light and small, some heavier but better (Bag of Sewn Evil Eye). Heavy loot goes in weight reduction bags, light loot goes in cheap bags.
Last edited by Videri; 11-18-2019 at 04:38 PM..
Old 11-18-2019, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Toolboxes also only cost like 1g or something. Not an insignificant price change at low levels.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For me this was the best upgrade once I had about 10 plat, as each bag costs 1ppish ...

The difference in weight them being only 0.4 units of eq weight (stones? kilos? grams? Tom cruises?) is HIGHLY noticeable!

Toolboxes are great for bank storage or in a pinch as regular bags, but they like backpacks weight a bit (3.0 units of eq weight, perhaps 3.0 Tom Cruises, Kilos or Grams)
I agree with medicine bags. They're about the best you can get off normal vendors and the price is cheap for all but the lowest-level characters. .4 weight per 8 slots each is extremely valuable when a standard 8 slot backpack weighs 3. Carrying four such bags is the difference between 1.6 weight and a whopping 12 weight! We can get away with doing this on P1999 because tradeskill containers don't eat their contents if the player accidentally clicks "combine" like such bags did in the original game, and they probably never will because the server admins don't want to deal with the ensuing petitions.

Danth
Closed Thread