Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 09:37 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I know I'm going to die, I stop moving and do a /loc
Recovering your corpse in Everfrost at night time is rough without it.
This is the best if death is imminent.

Also make a /corpse hotkey. If for some reason you did not get the loc before croaking, and you are in the vicinity of your corpse, then /corpse will drag it to you. Just spam the corpse hotkey when in the vicinity.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:43 PM
Orc

1. So co ords are a thing! and you can't do it after you die. Got it.

2. Stick a shiny stone in the inventory to both help see in the dark and spot the corpse from a mile away, got it.

3. And of course the aforementioned hire a necro or druid as a last resort.

Thank you my nerds, this is exactly what I needed to hear.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Archie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the best if death is imminent.

Also make a /corpse hotkey. If for some reason you did not get the loc before croaking, and you are in the vicinity of your corpse, then /corpse will drag it to you. Just spam the corpse hotkey when in the vicinity.
What? so I can just spam /corpse and not even move?? Any side effects to this?
Old 03-02-2020, 11:54 PM
Aviak

This item

http://wiki.project1999.com/Chipped_Bone_Rod

Later in game you can just buy them from a few vendors, but at this point on Green, you'll need to either buy one or farm one out of Befallen. Toss it in the bank, it's a nice bit of peace of mind.

If /corpse hotkey doesn't do it, then shake a tree and watch all the necros fall out and ask one, and as last resort, go to the bank and retrieve this rod and use it yourself.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:50 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewjax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shake a tree and watch all the necros fall out
To my surprise, 4 necs fell out of the nearest tree when I shook it
Old 03-03-2020, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchthroe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. So co ords are a thing! and you can't do it after you die. Got it.
Yep. Note that in Everquest, the Y coordinate comes first, and the X coordinate comes second (the reverse of what we learned in math class). Also, though the Y coordinate counts upward from south to north (just like math class), the X coordinate counts from right to left, aka east to west (again, the reverse of what we learned in math class). Therefore, the Everquest coordinate system can be described as Y, -X. This sucks, but I have gotten used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchthroe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you my nerds, this is exactly what I needed to hear.
You got it, Twitchy.
Last edited by Videri; 03-03-2020 at 02:01 AM..
Old 03-03-2020, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What? so I can just spam /corpse and not even move?? Any side effects to this?
This has no side effects or costs. You can use it as much as you want. However, you can't just stand there and spam it. You have to be within range of it for the /cor command to work.

Many of us make a /cor hotkey. I like to make a hotkey set where /cor is bound to a movement key so I can automatically drag a corpse while running. You can also just spam your /cor button with one hand while you move with the other.

/cor will work great if you're within range of the corpse, but looking the wrong way...or the corpse is on the other side of a tree...or it's in a trench and you're not looking down...or you have no night vision...etc.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:10 AM
Kobold

Always do /loc as soon as you sre in danger. The you will know EXACTLY where your corpse is, it may just take some time finding it depending how good you are at using coordinates.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Good stuff here, but y'all have missed the real pro tip: you don't have to ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always do /loc as soon as you sre in danger.
... if you bind a key (eg. "aswd" or an arrow key) to one of your hotkeys, and then put your loc/sense heading macro in that hotkey slot.

Now granted, this is less doable on Green, as it means having only 5 hotkey slots instead of 6, but if you're a caster who uses ALT + number to cast, it's very possible you can spare a slot.

Once you do this, you'll never have to even think about pressing loc before dying: the moment you are close you just veer right/left slightly (for 1ms), and doing so will log your loc. Even if you completely forget, you'll still have a loc from a few feet away (whenever you last turned left/right), which is almost always close enough to your corpse to find it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread