Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LoL, I don't think you realize how crappy it would be with rotation long term. People will make splinter guilds with alts just like they did here pre velious. Rotation sounds nice with 4 or 5 guilds but when you have 20 guilds+ and new ones forming increasing the rotation time, good luck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Right so you're saying hardcore players wouldn't quit over a rotation they'd be even more pixel craving enough to create alts. Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thankfully the owners of this box have said on many occasions that they do not want enforced rotations. They knew what they were doing when they made this project.
Drafts are like enforced rotations. I guess they don't know what they are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah rotations really suck. If you want instancing/rotations, play TLP, it already exists.

I am beginning to think most people on P99 who want rotations are just people who want a free TLP server. They are too cheap to pay 15 bucks a month.

I am not sure what P99 offers compared to TLP if you put instancing/rotations in. They would be very similar at that point, and honestly people would quit P99 faster too, just like TLP. You can see what rotations do to the TLP servers, people get their loot and leave.
I'm beginning to think most people on P99 don't want rotations or a fairer system because DKP would be on the fence. People get their loot and leave all the time. According to some posters above they'd make more alts to get into the rotation list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rotations will ruin p99 tbh

it sounds good on paper but it will be a nightmare to manage
Where's the solid evidence to prove this? Also you prob won't be the one managing it anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t need rotation just up frequency of drafts and y’all can compete against yourself. Server was won in 2015 no one cares, hope that helps.
Only guy that gets it and I don't even know the asshole.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzad1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously a bad take then
lol, this is the kind of person you're arguing with. He doesn't care what's being said only who's saying it.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

pvp would take care of this.

Oh instancing would too, but oh right, you all "don't like that" when you obviously do.

Because if instancing was a thing, this thread would be moot.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope. No man, I don't even have a FD class and I've never raced or fte'd or had a yellow text in my life and I like posting useless information and gaslighting to achieve my own agendas. I think we might be related.
Wow, you have a FD class? I’d check out wow or TLP. Instancing is even better than rotations. It’s a rotation every cycle! And you can have your super cool, successful life the whole day outside of scheduled raid times. Have fun having sex, Normie.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm beginning to think most people on P99 don't want rotations or a fairer system because DKP would be on the fence. People get their loot and leave all the time. According to some posters above they'd make more alts to get into the rotation list.
I am not really sure what point you are trying to make here at all. DKP still exists on the TLP servers that have instancing (rotations). What is the relevance?
Old 02-10-2022, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not really sure what point you are trying to make here at all. DKP still exists on the TLP servers that have instancing (rotations). What is the relevance?
Not making any points. Sure they use DKP in TLP but it'd be competition within its own guild by that standard because P99 isn't instanced. Instances are not equal to rotations.

Quote:
They would be very similar at that point, and honestly people would quit P99 faster too, just like TLP. You can see what rotations do to the TLP servers, people get their loot and leave.
I was mainly answering this statement. Regardless of server type,rule-set, etc.. people loot their stuff and leave all the time. Draft week is like an enforced rotation and there are many that attend and enjoy it. What is the relevance stating "people would quit P99 faster too"?
Old 02-10-2022, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Not making any points. Sure they use DKP in TLP but it'd be competition within its own guild by that standard because P99 isn't instanced. Instances are not equal to rotations.
Instances are equal to rotations, the only difference is how often you get to play the instance. DKP IS competition within your own guild. I am not sure if you understand DKP correctly.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Instances are equal to rotations, the only difference is how often you get to play the instance. DKP IS competition within your own guild. I am not sure if you understand DKP correctly.
Guild A starts an instance kills Dragon A - Starts a spawn timer

Guild B starts an instance kills same Dragon A - Starts their own separate spawn timer

Both can be done at anytime at will.? P99 isn't instanced only 1 Dragon spawns for the entire server.

Guild A kills Dragon A starts the timer... Guild A/B/C/D/E/F/G must wait on the same spawntimer for dragon to spawn. DKP is actually comprised on this and isn't only within your own guild.

Pretty bold but I'm not sure if you understand correctly. TLP instances have respawn timers last I checked. It isn't like WoW you can load a dungeon over and over and over.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:57 PM
Aviak

Yeah, exactly. You’re exactly right. Two guilds kill two targets on two timers. Everyone here shares one spawn. So you gotta compete for it. Not rotate it so the losers in G get their instance experience on a non instances server.

At least you have a FD class; though.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

get gud scrubs
Closed Thread