Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 01:47 AM
Fire Giant

You have two caps, one on each of two characters. You pick a vendor deep and out of the way somewhere that has just most of their original inventory, with plenty of empty spots. Sell the one cap that is charged from your spare character to the vendor, then log on your main with the expended cap and sell that one as well. Then have each character buy them back. There's a guide to this on the P1999 wiki.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:39 AM
Planar Protector

Finding charged skull caps on remote vendors is an entire minigame in EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Beware of people buying them from your vendor as technically once you drop or vendor an item it is no longer yours. Obviously.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:36 PM
Sarnak

Wow, did not know this was possible. Cool.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Recommended reading:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...light=Larrikan
Old 11-15-2015, 05:38 PM
Aviak

thanks for all the excellent advice. I noticed that that leatherfootskull cap is HFL only.

Does that mean other races can still use it just for the effect?

Seems like alot of work to go through to recharge it.

I think from everything I've heard, sow potions are the best way to escape inpending death.

As for death from kos, simply log out like nirgon said. But even that takes 30 seconds and can fail after you've ran into the other room to see what all the screaming is about.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayeatts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks for all the excellent advice. I noticed that that leatherfootskull cap is HFL only.

Does that mean other races can still use it just for the effect?

Seems like alot of work to go through to recharge it.

I think from everything I've heard, sow potions are the best way to escape inpending death.

As for death from kos, simply log out like nirgon said. But even that takes 30 seconds and can fail after you've ran into the other room to see what all the screaming is about.
When i first posted this question. Sow potions were a bit too expensive for me. But now that i've learned how to farm gargoyle eyes on my necro, I've got enough money to keep some on my warrior.

You really have to play 2 classes if one of them is a warrior and you ever want to be able to solo at all or farm any platinum.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

anyone can click the skullcap from an inventory slot, its not something that has to be worn which is nice.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Skull-cap and Jboots
Old 11-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Aviak

apparently it costs 180pp or so to recharge the skullcap? is that right?
Old 11-16-2015, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Yes, you're paying for you and your friend (who had the fully charged one) to buy them back.

Remember to pick an "empty" vendor. If in doubt sell a water flask or something cheap to make sure the cap will be listed in his inventory....and the golden rule...

Sell the charged cap first! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread