Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 05:04 AM
Planar Protector

I was mentally found down the ykesha road. Sorry for snipping that out of context [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .

Frankly I’ll promote the virtues and perks of rangers all day but their interrupt skills are garbage. A few on a planes raid with Call of Fire/sky spells on can interrupt since those proc so much but that’s dice roll odds.

Gotta out-think the npc, OP. The nice thing is this is one area you can’t be blamed...enjoy that benefit.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Rogues, and monks, rangers and anyone else? just SOL?

I spent like 15 minuets fighting a level 18 blue healer the other night on TLP lol
The best way to interrupt a spell with a rogue is to backstab them .. we're kinda a one trick pony like that
Old 06-15-2021, 06:30 PM
Aviak

I thought of another technique which is when meleeing and they start to cast, circle around behind them and continue melee. They wont turn to face you until casting is finished and I have a feeling stuns are more common when hitting from behind.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought of another technique which is when meleeing and they start to cast, circle around behind them and continue melee. They wont turn to face you until casting is finished and I have a feeling stuns are more common when hitting from behind.
not a terrible idea !

Has it been tried?
Old 06-15-2021, 06:38 PM
Aviak

Ive been trying the technique, not enough to notice a difference yet tho.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

It's not a very big window to be sure.
Old 06-18-2021, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately there's no consistent way. Warriors have Bash, and eventually their Kick can interrupt spells. Paladins and SK's have Bash as well, and Paladins have stun spells. Rogues can backstab a caster while channeling, and personally I would roll a Barbarian Rogue so I can Slam from the front when needed too. Bards have a song for spell interrupts I believe? Rangers get none of this.

IIRC, don't Monks also have a spell interrupt with Round Kick? I thought Round Kick was capable of stunning, unless I'm thinking of an AA in later expansions.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 06-18-2021 at 03:26 PM..
Old 06-18-2021, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

I’d hardly call bash/slam reliable. The timer is slow, often it misses and furthermore a hit doesn’t even guarantee a stun.
Old 06-18-2021, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Less reliable than my cringe face watching that 5th heal that's about to go off 100% hehe

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2021, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d hardly call bash/slam reliable. The timer is slow, often it misses and furthermore a hit doesn’t even guarantee a stun.
It's reliable in the sense that you can reserve it specifically for when spells get channeled. There's still a luck factor to it, but not nearly as bad as praying that you get a weapon proc at just the right moment.

I don't spam Bash unless I'm fighting a non-caster, then it's just some piddly extra damage, but against a caster I always save it until the enemy starts channeling a spell.