Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-23-2023, 07:55 PM
Topgunben Topgunben is offline
Planar Protector

Topgunben's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,437
Default Explain how trump broke the law..

Please explain how trump broke the law by paying Miss Daniels hush money so she wouldnt reveal their sexual escapades?

Im totally open to hear rational arguments. I dont agree with everything the mans done, namely abandoning the Kurds, but cmon man, hes guilty of cheating on his bride at the very most.
__________________
I like you guys, I really do.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-23-2023, 07:56 PM
Trexller Trexller is offline
Planar Protector

Trexller's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6,338
Default

afaik the manner of the remuneration made to michael cohen violated campaign finance law

the faction that benefits the most from making trump look like a criminal, is somehow trump.

so its all taken with a grain of salt.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-23-2023, 08:08 PM
18120 18120 is offline
Orc


Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 41
Default

Paying hush money is not illegal in-and-of itself.

However, falsifying legal documents in the repayment of said payments is. Cohen paid off Daniels and Trump repaid it as "legal serveries rendered and legal retainer fees" in order to cover-up said hush money payments.

Furthermore, since those payments were used for the explicit purpose of effecting an ellection as addmitted by Rudy, that is also a campaign finace violation.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-23-2023, 09:46 PM
Elizondo Elizondo is offline
Planar Protector

Elizondo's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 5,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18120 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paying hush money is not illegal in-and-of itself.

However, falsifying legal documents in the repayment of said payments is. Cohen paid off Daniels and Trump repaid it as "legal serveries rendered and legal retainer fees" in order to cover-up said hush money payments.

Furthermore, since those payments were used for the explicit purpose of effecting an ellection as addmitted by Rudy, that is also a campaign finace violation.
Just your opinion

Maybe he just didn't want his wife to know or be embarrassed by a whore making a blackmail / nuisance allegation against a celebrity which literally happens everyday
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-23-2023, 09:52 PM
Trexller Trexller is offline
Planar Protector

Trexller's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just your opinion

Maybe he just didn't want his wife to know or be embarrassed by a whore making a blackmail / nuisance allegation against a celebrity which literally happens everyday
this is clinton lewinsky all over again

if clinton had just said, "Yep, I fucked her face" then nothing woulda happened

trump shoulda just said, "of course I fucked a porn star, I fuck hot women anytime I want to, because I'm fucking rich"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-23-2023, 09:57 PM
Elizondo Elizondo is offline
Planar Protector

Elizondo's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 5,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is clinton lewinsky all over again

if clinton had just said, "Yep, I fucked her face" then nothing woulda happened

trump shoulda just said, "of course I fucked a porn star, I fuck hot women anytime I want to, because I'm fucking rich"
He doesn't have to

This supposedly happened years before he ran for President

It's just another Russia Hoax. The Bug Eaters spent years babbling pure propaganda from Groomer Media and it was 100% a Hoax

This is no different. Just some idiot Dem in NYC jockeying to become the next Mayor or Governor and making a spectacle of himself
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-23-2023, 10:02 PM
aussenseiter aussenseiter is offline
Planar Protector

aussenseiter's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 3,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He doesn't have to

This supposedly happened years before he ran for President

It's just another Russia Hoax. The Bug Eaters spent years babbling pure propaganda from Groomer Media and it was 100% a Hoax

This is no different. Just some idiot Dem in NYC jockeying to become the next Mayor or Governor and making a spectacle of himself
The payment wasn't years before he ran for President tho.

And the payment is what is at question.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-23-2023, 08:11 PM
Trexller Trexller is offline
Planar Protector

Trexller's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6,338
Default

Definitely worth mentioning again that thousands of law enforcement professionals have combed through Trump's life and they expect us to believe that the dirt which will nail him is a 130k call girl.

Bullshit, and fuck you if you expect me to believe you.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-23-2023, 08:18 PM
Topgunben Topgunben is offline
Planar Protector

Topgunben's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,437
Default

So let’s say that Mr. Trump unequivocally spent campaign finance monies in order to “hush” Miss Daniels. How is this any different than spending money on advertising or market research or any other PR consulting that seeks to promote one’s political wellness?

I mean I get that someone might argue that buying a new house with campaign funds will help their political wellness, but in all honesty, how would you judge the merit of what does and does not constitute appropriate expenditures?
__________________
I like you guys, I really do.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-23-2023, 08:22 PM
Trexller Trexller is offline
Planar Protector

Trexller's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So lets say that Mr. Trump unequivocally spent campaign finance monies in order to hush Miss Daniels. How is this any different than spending money on advertising or market research or any other PR consulting that seeks to promote ones political wellness?

I mean I get that someone might argue that buying a new house with campaign funds will help their political wellness, but in all honesty, how would you judge the merit of what does and does not constitute appropriate expenditures?
it isn't.

every politician is dirty in some way

im starting to think that all the investigations, witch hunts, accusations are all machinations of the Trump PR machine because everytime something goes down, he comes out cleaner and stronger.

double jeopardy in the court of public opinion
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:37 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.