Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-09-2023, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine being a character in the Golden Compass and your Daemon is a 70 year old single woman's dog.
Old 01-09-2023, 11:50 PM
Banned

Too many cringe memes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you prefer scatology to eschatology, you might be a redneck
Old 01-10-2023, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblinmob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God lol I never would. I know for a fact that my best friend since 4th grade (we use to swing on the swing and try to spit all the way do the school wall. And we would bring toys from home and try to throw them up on the road when semis were coming) wears one of these..

It's weird ngl, but it hard to speak up but it's like when someone with a super ugly feature, like a bad crooked eye or something is talking to you and it's like an elephant in the room. I wanna say I think he even wore it in his wedding pictures. Probably untrue but kinda not in a way.

[EDIT] WAIT! I had a roommate, we worked at the same place too. HE wore one. And this guy was to the 9s with that meme-able brilliant, snide, refined Dos XX shit. Like "What??..50 Shades of Grey is actually good literature. You're just too immature" kinda shit
I just bought myself one of those last month on the advice of my girlfriend who saw it and had me try it on, but I'm not a young cringey atheist internet warrior.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 01-10-2023 at 09:36 AM..
Old 01-10-2023, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too many cringe memes
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2023, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

An atheist is such a simpler concept then people seem to want to make it out to be. Everyone is a Not-Something with respect to something.

Like being not a fan of Sailor Moon

That isn't me of course I think Sailor Moon is amazing. Cool discorock, great characters, and makes you feel good like binging the office or watching the Princess Bride

Wait what were you guys talking about again?
Old 01-10-2023, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

It is weird to me there's a focus on a word for someone who doesn't believe gods really exist in reality though. Nobody seems to make a focus on not believing in heliocentrism or not believing the earth is flat or not believing in ghosts or whatever.

I don't believe in any of that stuff but I generally just umbrella that as being not superstitious, aka not believing in supernatural things.

I do wonder about the people who get easily embarrassed or worry about privacy a lot who believe in supernatural things, like do they worry about being being watched by the invisible things?
Old 01-10-2023, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblinmob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've often contemplated the compassionate thing to do for everyone would be to go to hell incase there is one.

Me. In heaven? Cringe.

That said I don't exactly know how to compassionately enter hell. As that compassion is supposed to also encompess the "self". As flawed as the self is.

In this scenario. We may all be going to hell. However, that's not "my wish".

Also. To actively disbelieve in consequences for ones life. It doesn't matter how moral you try to be. Seems like atheism is more a convenience to say "it doesn't matter what I do in this life". You may say you're a humanitarian. However you may still torture someone for their beliefs.

At a minimum unless you follow bhudda you are quite literally just an empty vessel meeting out your nihilistic instinctualism turned intellectualism as you see fit. No matter how much science you cope-quote. It's also a fear cope mechanism. Can't go to hell if there isn't one. No duty. No punishment for being an asshole to others. Literally a really bad philosophy to follow. It holds almost no intrinsic value as there is more proof for divinity and afterlives and life consequences then there is proof against.

In fact there is no specific proof there are no higher powers than mankind. Yet we do have crop circles. Giants on mountains. The Nasca figures. Mormons, kabala (i probably mispelled), Etc etc.

Not you specifically goblinmob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The greater you needs a guide. And the body of the people need to be accountable and hold those around them accountable. The bill of rights just doesn't cut it.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-10-2023 at 12:22 PM..
Old 01-10-2023, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We may all be going to hell.
We all deserve it - that's for sure.

Except my grandmother. She's a sweetheart.

She'll be the only person in Heaven going "Uhh where the fuck is everyone? This is a bit shit, innit?" (My grandmother wants to be British while in heaven)
Old 01-10-2023, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is weird to me there's a focus on a word for someone who doesn't believe gods really exist in reality though. Nobody seems to make a focus on not believing in heliocentrism or not believing the earth is flat or not believing in ghosts or whatever.

I don't believe in any of that stuff but I generally just umbrella that as being not superstitious, aka not believing in supernatural things.

I do wonder about the people who get easily embarrassed or worry about privacy a lot who believe in supernatural things, like do they worry about being being watched by the invisible things?
A-theism. Without theism, which is belief in God(s).

There's other a- words, it's some latin bullcrap. (amoral, agnostic, etc)
Old 01-10-2023, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

That much I do know, but mostly focused on the use of it on regards to not accepting a proposition of some kind as being true beyond a reasonable doubt.