Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 07:48 PM
Aviak

True enough haha
Old 02-27-2016, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahazar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: To your point re: wraith bone at a "legit" price....in this guild, the "legit" price is looting it solo/grouped with guild (or similarly newbed up) players OR purchased/donated from an in-guild character. The 30p/amount is irrelevant for this guild, what matters is if it is from a guild/"true newb" character or from outside of the guild rules.
I really dont want to sound like a jerk, and I want to encourage you, but this just is not going to happen. Even if people share your vision, you must have more objective rules. There has to be some way to quickly and easily determine within the charter of the guild what is legit and what is not, or you will quickly lose control of what is happening. I would suggest the following scenerio:

A. Announce a start date for the guild a week or two in advance. Have your guild already made by then, because it can take several days for a mod to create the guild for you. Also have a clear end date, after which the guild will disband or at least no new members will be admitted.
B. Give your guild clear cut goals, or at least one goal. That can be anything, but it has to be graspable and able to be communicated in two sentences or less. My idea was to kill an old world dragon, yours may be less ambitious.
C. Ignore every instinct you have to police the economic activity of your guild members. If someone isnt highly and obviously twinked, let it slide. A wraith bone hammer (eg) isnt even close to meeting the threshold for this. The weapon is a very common drop and would quickly become cheap even on a new server.
D. Accept help from characters outside of the guild. If someone is standing at a druid ring offering to port you, and you say no because its not classic or whatever, your members will lose patience quickly after their third run from qeynos to freeport. Plus boats dont work properly on p99. You have to strike a balance.

Something you didnt mention, but may want to consider:

E. Anonymity. If you're going to police something, have your players not release their main characters names. Otherwise you will get pulled into politics that are way beyond your control if members from competing top guilds join your guild and bring those relationships with them.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:56 PM
Aviak

Thanks Expediency, this is very helpful honestly. I also like E. Anonymity. To your point about having a set time frame, the anon part could "lift" after that and people may enjoy that reveal event.

Definitely taking it all into consideration, thanks.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:43 PM
Banned

How about limit trading to guild only. And maybe do just a few races in a localized spot like swish said. I'm down to join
Old 02-27-2016, 08:44 PM
Banned

P.s. stop being a hater expediency
Old 02-27-2016, 08:46 PM
Aviak

Definitely simpler and accomplishes the intent re: trading in guild only.

I am thinking about the port issue...I guess we could allow buying ports at market value? Since our in-guild plat is rarer/harder to come by. Feels a little bit of a slippery slope. I guess it could just be not enforced and people can port/not port as they see fit.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:55 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Did a group like this once in Runescape and it was very successful + fun. Same concept, except that we also had rules so that you could never leave the wilderness (open PVP area, where the level range increases as you go deeper) and all characters had perma-death. The game had item loot on PVP which made it interesting, because it was the only way to acquire most items for us. a+ would do that again, but it fizzled out after abt 2 months.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:58 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

also if you're gonna do something like this in EQ don't pussy out and allow porting or "market price for ports" or whatever. when's the last time you had to take a boat ride like it was 1999? or had to cross a dangerous zone on a level 5 character to play with your friend because he HAD TO ROLL BARBARIAN?! man up.

imo only allow a 1 time port at level 1, or never at all.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:14 PM
Aviak

1 time lvl 1 port, interesting hah! Thanks for the feedback
Old 02-27-2016, 10:05 PM
Banned

I'd love this to be a thing. Cure the sickness.
Closed Thread