Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Sarnak

Default The Dead Faction Increase

Title says it all. Trying to increase "the dead" faction in Neriak....thats the necros, maybe the SK too.

Main way talked about I researched was killing High Elfs in the woods outside Neriak, but on this timeline server they are not there.

Saw a few other names to kill, but they were all Named mobs apparently. Has anyone killed a certain set of mobs that have seen a faction increase message with the dead?

And to avoid confusion, this is different from the red wine quest. I am aware of that one, but only raises merchants and guards not Necro

Thanks
Old 11-21-2010, 02:54 AM
Orc

There are not many ways to raise the Dead faction.
High elves in Nek came with Luclin or later, so it's not gonna happen here on P99.
There are a few npcs you can kill, as you stated all of them named. Lowest of them is lvl 20ish, iirc, gnome in Steamfont, but he has 3-4 bodyguards...
Slaves in Crushbone give Neriak faction, Indigo Brotherhood for sure, maybe the Dead too, I don't remember... Been many years since I killed those...
What class/race/deity is your character and why you need the Dead faction?
There's not much to look for in the temple of the Dead if you're not necro/sk, and very few npcs on the Dead faction around of Neriak you should worry of if you're KOS...
Old 11-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Sarnak

Yah I am a human innoruk worshipping necromancer. I would just like to be able to get spells in the guild, not just be able to use the city. thats the easy part, the guild liking me seems the hard part.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Title says it all. Trying to increase "the dead" faction in Neriak....thats the necros, maybe the SK too.
Here ya go! I'll leave it to you to figure out if these NPC/Quests are in P1999 or not.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

This is more timeline appropriate.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:12 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yah I am a human innoruk worshipping necromancer. I would just like to be able to get spells in the guild, not just be able to use the city. thats the easy part, the guild liking me seems the hard part.
Human necro follower of Innoruuk starts amiable with the Dead. Since you can talk to the necro GM on last floor of the temple, you can do fire beetle eyes quest. I gave up after 3rd turn in, getting beetle eyes is a pain under a tail.

Some of npcs in Neriak are threatening to me still, I suppose those are on the queen faction. Beetle eyes quest raises both, the Dead nd the queen factions
Old 11-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Sarnak

oh that is very good to know thanks! I made an assumption of the guild being dubious as everyone else has been as well in neriak.

Good to know there is a way even it is tedious!
Old 11-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of npcs in Neriak are threatening to me still, I suppose those are on the queen faction.
The queen is the leader of the necros. It's more likely The Spurned (the wiz/enc/mag) and/or Indigo Brotherhood (warriors) since they're at odds with the queen.
Closed Thread