Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many days should Core be suspended for this?
This is the real question here.

Don't be near them when this goes down or you'll go down too!
Old 01-03-2019, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

I just want to point out that no petition was filed. Rogean saw what he saw and did what he did, I dont think anyone was banned, just asked to leave ToV. And regardless of how you look at it, BG got trained by chillwin. Could icrit have stood still and died and not trained the raid, sure, but so could have chillwin, and it was his train, so it was on him to control them, and he failed to do so.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If BG was AM in this scenario I think Rogean would have handled it differently, but you can't expect a player in a smaller guild to get agro and not have the knee jerk reaction he did. No offense BG.
BG has some very experienced raiders, but not all are. Having said that there is a huge difference between an experienced eq raider and being experienced in the madness of p1999 raiding. Raids here are a cluster-rush and the amount of training that occurs here is insane. This includes legitimate tactical training (no ill intent) for the purposes of raid rushing crowd control or pulling, legitimate accidental training, dubious accidental training when you should have known better (this seems to be the case) or illegal intentional training.

I played and raided eq for well over a decade prior to p99 and recently stepped into raiding here. I never saw crap like this until my time on p99.

For the guilds not firmly established in p99 ToV competition ... they’re just not going to be as experienced as the members of guilds who’ve been in there a long time and are used to the insanity.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-03-2019, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BG has some very experienced raiders, but not all are. Having said that there is a huge difference between an experienced eq raider and being experienced in the madness of p1999 raiding. Raids here are a cluster-rush and the amount of training that occurs here is insane. This includes legitimate tactical training (no ill intent) for the purposes of raid rushing crowd control or pulling, legitimate accidental training, dubious accidental training when you should have known better (this seems to be the case) or illegal intentional training.

I played and raided eq for well over a decade prior to p99 and recently stepped into raiding here. I never saw crap like this until my time on p99.

For the guilds not firmly established in p99 ToV competition ... they’re just not going to be as experienced as the members of guilds who’ve been in there a long time and are used to the insanity.
This is basically what I was getting at. Everybody's knee jerk reaction to getting agro is to run to the zone and/or run to help, whereas the players in the hardcore guilds that participate in the madness every week have heard their officers and raid leaders say hundreds of times something along the lines of "if you get agro, run out there and die before you train everybody"

You just can't expect a player not in AM/Temp to not do what Icrit did there. Even some experienced AM/Temp players probably would have had the same knee jerk reaction.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also LOL at Tempest getting kicked out of ToV - I unfortunately missed the last repop.

I will be amazed if the guild survives until Spring before imploding on itself
They will survive for sure due to their immaturity and lack of integrity in adhering to agreements.

Heres a funny story:

When Tempest was formed, they had come to me begging to get out of the 25+ days left on the Awakened suspension and the pending 50 day that was a slam dunk if submitted. Me, being the idiot I am, had agreed that, in good faith, I would have no issue with them getting out of the remainder of the suspension and not petition the following one.

This was done under the agreement that our 2 guilds would never petition each other. Instead, we would try to figure it out on our own or have a GM figure it out on a mob to mob basis if we could not.

Their current death rattle is to now break this agreement, begin petition wars again (sound familiar, Awakened folks?) in a desperate attempt to save their guild the only way they can: Crying and petitioning everything in hopes of getting free mobs because they, quite literally, cannot compete anymore.

Sad day for the #4 guild on the server, maybe they can nut up sometime and win on the battlefield instead of trying to petition their way to free mobs.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know. and then the BG Rogue trained his guild because ??? and then somehow its chillwins fault?

whatever
Are you that slow ? Read your own words dude. Chillwin trained a BG rogue. End of discussion right there.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercanuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why even post this when you represent AM? Keep it on discord chat.
because the world needs to know also unlike Tempest we can post in rnf

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 01-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its true though despite AM trying to act all high and mighty and innocent on the forums lately they are still the scummiest scum of the server. Swiping epic pieces and classic raid mobs from lower guilds (just stay in tov seriously) - threatening them with petitions if they dont concede - angle shooting in every way possible to just barely not get banned. Never seen these folks play in the spirit of the play nice poilicy. Have a gander through the guild suspension forum if you doubt me - that tactic lands them in eq jail more often than not.
fake news dude ive been in the guild since the creation and I dont see any of this

Old 01-03-2019, 05:50 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sad day for the #4 guild on the server, maybe they can nut up sometime and win on the battlefield instead of trying to petition their way to free mobs.
Just because you zerg with 2.5x the next guild doesn't make you 1,2 and 3 silly........
Old 01-03-2019, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerofwither [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because you zerg with 2.5x the next guild doesn't make you 1,2 and 3 silly........
we didnt get good overnight dude lol

Closed Thread