Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-12-2019, 11:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So should I setup Boot CAmp Windows 10 tomorrow, or does the wine wrapper fix actually work on Mojave 10.14.6 and does p1999 opeRate well, visually, etc. ?

Pls adviSe

tyty
Did not work for me on Mojave 10.14.16, installing the way I always have in addition to trying with suggestions to use 2.6 engine.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:12 AM
Skeleton

Yeah I am on Mojave and can confirm that none of the suggested fixes here will work if you have this operating system of Mac. I almost got it to work in the WineStable, but it kept giving me a ui bug that no matter what i did could not be fixed. I am no expert though. Best bet might be using bootcamp to install windows - that is my next attempt.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:16 AM
Banned

tKs guISe
Old 09-13-2019, 07:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyclef31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I am on Mojave and can confirm that none of the suggested fixes here will work if you have this operating system of Mac. I almost got it to work in the WineStable, but it kept giving me a ui bug that no matter what i did could not be fixed. I am no expert though. Best bet might be using bootcamp to install windows - that is my next attempt.
Same for me I'm on Mojave.

I'll just wait for the next p1999 update and hope the dsetup.dll file is fixed then. Because that is the reason why it isn't working.

Wineskin worked perfect before, I don't want to run bootcamp, because that means I can't do any multitasking.

Perhaps if this setup.dll file doesn't get fixed Parallels might be an option or will p1999 run to slow then?
Old 09-13-2019, 08:44 AM
Banned

IMO this macOS only DLL issue does NOT sound like a quick fix scenario.

Consider BootCamp, as it will at least allow you to play!
Old 09-13-2019, 08:54 AM
Sarnak

updated eq on a mac using wine without copying over UI file folder and it crashed after the character login screen.

copied over the ui files folder

p99files49b working like a gem on mac with wine.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:27 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
updated eq on a mac using wine without copying over UI file folder and it crashed after the character login screen.

copied over the ui files folder

p99files49b working like a gem on mac with wine.
What version of Mac OS are you running though?
Old 09-14-2019, 12:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO this macOS only DLL issue does NOT sound like a quick fix scenario.

Consider BootCamp, as it will at least allow you to play!
Meh I'll wait till one of the techies in this thread figures out a solution with wineskin instead.

Hopefully before green launches [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

I guess it is because of the new anti cheating code that was implemented in the last dll file. However as far as I can see there are also some users on windows and linux experiencing problems, so it might be that they implement it in a different way with the next patch, fingers crossed.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:36 AM
Aviak

I have two macs, both were running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.16 until last night. I took my 2013 MacBook air and formatted the drive and did a OS recovery. That brought my mac air OS all the way back to 10.10.5 High Sierra. I can CONFIRM that if you are a running a 5 year old OS and switch your Wineskin engine to WS9Wine2.6 from the original WS8WineCXG10.3.0 Wineskin will indeed work with P99. This method however does not work with Mojave at all. It seems the best option for Mojave users will be to either use VM software or bootcamp Windows.

Note: Windows does offer free downloads of Windows 10 ISO that you will not even need to activate(unless you want customization features) to work. If Mojave users are going to bootcamp and download the Windows 10 ISO, bootcamp essentially does everything for you so you really need no technical knowledge.
Last edited by szjanoski; 09-14-2019 at 11:39 AM..
Old 09-14-2019, 11:57 AM
Large Bat

What about with El Capitain? Are there any known issues to trying the WS9Wine2.6?