Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 08:15 AM
Kobold

Default I swear the server is filled with three year olds

Three year olds whose vocabulary consists only of the word "MINE!" and nothing else.

Here is the situation: Fragmented is killing all three ice giants outside of permafrost. Great. He can have the two spawn, now that I'm here, I will take the single spawn. I assume this goes without saying because these are two separate camps as there is nowhere you could sit maintaining LOS on all three mobs (which I could be mistaken, please correct me if I'm wrong). After killing the single spawn we come back to a bit of an outburst.

outburst

After stating this, his buddy Scrody shows up and sits at the two spawn and he plops down next to me at the single spawn, ready to nuke down the ice giant when he pops:

situation

As there are no GMs on, I humbly submit this to RnF in hopes of getting some clarification. Are all three ice giants a single camp making me the asshole here? Or is the single spawn a separate camp and Fragmented is in the wrong?
Old 08-06-2019, 08:18 AM
Sarnak

Separate camps, case closed.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Bullshit, you took his merb BRO!
Old 08-06-2019, 08:24 AM
Fire Giant

You are an asshole for not communicating with him before taking the camp. Talk people, it goes a long way.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:26 AM
Kobold

Agree, separate camps, I’ve done a lot of ice giants in my time and fragmented is incorrect.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are an asshole for not communicating with him before taking the camp. Talk people, it goes a long way.
If a camp is open, and all mobs respawned - in this case a single giant - why do you need to communicate with anyone? Calling a Camp Check is usually considered good form, but it's also not necessary if you are at a camp and it's unattended and fully respawned.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, communication is important. However, in this case, you really think this would've addressed the issue rather than just moving his tantrum from the time where I killed the mob to the time where I said I was setting up camp?
Old 08-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, communication is important. However, in this case, you really think this would've addressed the issue rather than just moving his tantrum from the time where I killed the mob to the time where I said I was setting up camp?
Oh no of course not. He would have splerged out on you either way. Just made the observation that you didn't say a word ahead of time.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a camp is open, and all mobs respawned - in this case a single giant - why do you need to communicate with anyone? Calling a Camp Check is usually considered good form, but it's also not necessary if you are at a camp and it's unattended and fully respawned.
In an effort to maintain full disclosure, the mob was not up when I gated in. I sat down, waited for the mob to spawn, then shortly after I killed it was greeted with his charming reaction. I figure we are all adults here and aware of camp rules. He seemed to be conveniently unaware and then proceeded to nuke down the next mob that spawned in front of me. His buddy Scrody left shortly after that and he waddled back to his 2 spawn and sat there saying nothing else.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In an effort to maintain full disclosure, the mob was not up when I gated in. I sat down, waited for the mob to spawn, then shortly after I killed it was greeted with his charming reaction. I figure we are all adults here and aware of camp rules. He seemed to be conveniently unaware and then proceeded to nuke down the next mob that spawned in front of me. His buddy Scrody left shortly after that and he waddled back to his 2 spawn and sat there saying nothing else.
Sounds to me like you knew someone else was camping it since it wasn't up when you got there, and instead of asking if they would concede the camp, you just sat down and took it.

While i agree that the dude is out of line with thinking its his camp, you were the one who started the whole thing by essentially stealing the camp before it was conceded.

Long story short, you're both in the wrong, and you're both idiots.
Closed Thread