Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 09:04 PM
Banned

Culture plays a role and all...I'm not sure if we are ever going to get to the point where out-groups criticizing in-groups helps all that much. Example:

Chinese Guy: You white guys can't keep up in math because your parents are too soft and think them being bad at math makes it ok for you to be as well. Not to mention your kids are disobedient to their teachers. You guys need to up your respect academics and get your kids to do more math.

White Guy: You're right -- it's a real problem with white culture that we think it is OK to be disrespectful to older people and teachers. We need it to be a bigger deal if our kids are getting C's in math too.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:03 AM
Planar Protector

I have no black friends
Old 12-23-2017, 05:22 AM
Banned

Same basically I'm mostly into Jews whites and Asians these days. Had some blacks and musalman friends back in h town tho
Old 12-23-2017, 08:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, so if that wasn't a post about white racial superiority, why don't you explain exactly what non-white-supremacist idea(s) you were trying to communicate when you brought up race in this post:

For instance, if all races are equal, what was the significance of that third highlight? Do you simply like people being free, and the word "white" just happened to be in-between?
Your antecedent is incorrect. Races aren't equal. People aren't equal. You aren't equal to the bum on the street. Heck, you aren't equal to yourself from a year ago. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyhow, to spell it out, immigration from Mexico was already brought up before my post. Around half of illegal US immigration is from Mexico, hence why it's an important US immigration issue and why it was already in the conversation.

That post points to a prior US immigration policy that successfully limited immigration, illegal or otherwise, more effectively than today's due to those highlighted parts you ask about. Surely, you would agree that the 1790 Naturalization Act was more effective at restricting mestizos immigrating from Mexico. It doesn't suggest Mexicans are "superior" at crime, it doesn't suggest blacks are "superior" at basketball, nor does it suggest whites are "supreme". Nowhere does that post advocate colonizing, enslaving, or otherwise dominating Mexicans or any other group, directly or indirectly.

Nobody else has brought up supremacism in this discussion. You have repeatedly brought it up (here and other threads) because it's a demon floating around in your mind, and it's as misguided as the claim that origin nation is irrelevant in a discussion on who you allow to immigrate into your nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also (and this is just for bonus points) I'd still love to understand your angle. Have you gotten banned for posting racist stuff before, so now you toe the "I'm not posting racist stuff" line because you are a racist but don't want to be banned?

You're getting rather personal there, loramin.

Quote:
Also (and this is just for bonus points) I'd still love to understand your angle.
My angle is I'm not racist (at least not in how "racist" is commonly defined by your average working class person. Not emerging definitions from critical theory in academia.). In fact, I'd wager I respect the differences between peoples more than most.

Also, I've never been banned either! I have the cleanest whistle.

Quote:
Have you gotten banned for posting racist stuff before, so now you toe the "I'm not posting racist stuff" line because you are a racist but don't want to be banned?
How dare you accuse me of racism, sir! I have token black friends! At work, I get along well with my one black intern and the one mexican guy as well as the hordes (~50%) of asians and indians. I was pals with members of various races at my culturally enriched schools. I have nothing against people on an individual relationship level based on race.

Quote:
Are you just looking for attention and you know bringing up race (and picking the handle "Fash") will do that?
Nope, just drawing attention to contradictions or absurdities some people believe to be true e.g. all races/genders/people are equal, "diversity is our strength", multiculturalism is a net positive for societies, Islam is a religion of peace, feminist activists are genuinely fighting against abuse against all women (see my Rotherham post earlier), etc.

Quote:
It's undeniable that you make racialy-tinted posts and like nazi-themed avatars than most people, but you go to lengths to argue that you're not racist. I would love to know why.
wrt to arguing I'm not a racist, that's because recently you and lancelot have been frequently making those accusations without any legitimate evidence in an attempt to ignore and distract others from my posts' content. It's also fun to role-play as the villain in your narrative. To my recollection, nobody else has made similar slanderous accusations (besides some fun Poke-quips).

Mostly, I like to get people questioning the truthiness of their bad assumptions by pointing to group disparities, cultural differences, historical inaccuracies, hypersensitivity to race, and so forth. Sometimes that causes a little hysteria in those who don't venture outside of their bubble. Conveying all that as a super-villain boogeyman avatar has been fun too thanks to the occasional rustled jimmy. "OMG! The nazis are everywhere!!"
Old 12-23-2017, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no black friends
Ohh ohh! I have many black friends!

Glad we talking about friends and their races, so I can share with everyone what color my friends are. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-23-2017, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ohh ohh! I have many black friends!

Glad we talking about friends and their races, so I can share with everyone what color my friends are. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just trying to be tongue in cheek with loramin who is very butt hurt about being an SJW

try not to be so serious pussy. It's 40 degrees and I'm grilling out down here in Texas
Old 12-23-2017, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same basically I'm mostly into Jews whites and Asians these days. Had some blacks and musalman friends back in h town tho
That's an interesting group. My neighbor is a white MD married to an aZn nurse, so I guess I have an Asian friend. I know tons of Muslims though. I give them shit but they're mostly good people, plus I still know many Persians and always will
Old 12-23-2017, 03:11 PM
Banned

lhancelot i hate your posts recently
Old 12-23-2017, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your antecedent is incorrect. Races aren't equal. People aren't equal. You aren't equal to the bum on the street. Heck, you aren't equal to yourself from a year ago. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyhow, to spell it out, immigration from Mexico was already brought up before my post. Around half of illegal US immigration is from Mexico, hence why it's an important US immigration issue and why it was already in the conversation.

That post points to a prior US immigration policy that successfully limited immigration, illegal or otherwise, more effectively than today's due to those highlighted parts you ask about. Surely, you would agree that the 1790 Naturalization Act was more effective at restricting mestizos immigrating from Mexico. It doesn't suggest Mexicans are "superior" at crime, it doesn't suggest blacks are "superior" at basketball, nor does it suggest whites are "supreme". Nowhere does that post advocate colonizing, enslaving, or otherwise dominating Mexicans or any other group, directly or indirectly.

Nobody else has brought up supremacism in this discussion. You have repeatedly brought it up (here and other threads) because it's a demon floating around in your mind, and it's as misguided as the claim that origin nation is irrelevant in a discussion on who you allow to immigrate into your nation.

You're getting rather personal there, loramin.

My angle is I'm not racist (at least not in how "racist" is commonly defined by your average working class person. Not emerging definitions from critical theory in academia.). In fact, I'd wager I respect the differences between peoples more than most.

Also, I've never been banned either! I have the cleanest whistle.
were

How dare you accuse me of racism, sir! I have token black friends! At work, I get along well with my one black intern and the one mexican guy as well as the hordes (~50%) of asians and indians. I was pals with members of various races at my culturally enriched schools. I have nothing against people on an individual relationship level based on race.

Nope, just drawing attention to contradictions or absurdities some people believe to be true e.g. all races/genders/people are equal, "diversity is our strength", multiculturalism is a net positive for societies, Islam is a religion of peace, feminist activists are genuinely fighting against abuse against all women (see my Rotherham post earlier), etc.

wrt to arguing I'm not a racist, that's because recently you and lancelot have been frequently making those accusations without any legitimate evidence in an attempt to ignore and distract others from my posts' content. It's also fun to role-play as the villain in your narrative. To my recollection, nobody else has made similar slanderous accusations (besides some fun Poke-quips).

Mostly, I like to get people questioning the truthiness of their bad assumptions by pointing to group disparities, cultural differences, historical inaccuracies, hypersensitivity to race, and so forth. Sometimes that causes a little hysteria in those who don't venture outside of their bubble. Conveying all that as a super-villain boogeyman avatar has been fun too thanks to the occasional rustled jimmy. "OMG! The nazis are everywhere!!"

Ok, ignoring the absurdity that immigration policies in a completely different time can be directly applied now (despite immigration issues and the very make-up of the immigrant population being dramatically different), you highlighted "free white men", and included the image in the first place. Why? What were you trying to communicate about free white men as opposed to other immigrants?

If we're talking about immigrants and I quote something about how some are overweight, or have a bigger shoe size, or whatever, I'm not just doing that without a reason. By raising the topic of obesity/shoe size/whatever when it wasn't part of the conversation before, I'm suggesting that obese/big-footed/whatever immigrants are somehow different from other immigrants (and that the difference is somehow relevant to the conversation).

You play a game. For any given post where no one is talking about race you drop thinly-veiled racist remarks while scrupulously avoiding saying anything directly racist. This lets you explain why any given quote out of context isn't racist.

Quote:
making those accusations without any legitimate evidence
But what you don't seem to be able to explain is why you frequently make such "borderline"-racist posts in threads where no one had been talking about race, why you've had three different avatars and they were all nazi-themed, why you picked the username "fash", why you included an image with "free white men" highlighted without explanation, etc. You don't stand behind and defend your own words (or name or avatar), because if you did you'd have to admit that what you were trying to communicate was in fact racist.

And if it's "personal" for me to call you out and ask you stand behind the words (and images) you've posted, then I'll freely admit I'm being personal, but honestly I'd do the same to anyone else being as disingenuous. All I'm asking is for you say "I'm Fash, I picked a name that means fascist, I picked three Nazi-themed avatars, and I add racial stuff to threads where no one is talking about race. I also claim not to do it out of racism, and the real non-racist explanation for all those things is _______".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-23-2017 at 04:24 PM..
Old 12-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
next time it comes up let's just skip to libs are the real racists we're wasting air time
Libs gentrify the area around their all white webpage buzz news companies then call home and call their dad living in the middle of nowhere who happens to work with 17 people of color racist for going to church.
Closed Thread