Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What historical examples do we have from atheistic societies?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Horza; 01-01-2020 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: What I'm saying is that Paris is beautiful this time of year.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean you can anecdotally talk about how you know tons of atheists and they great people. And I can tell you how I know a bunch and they are largely ugly people on a personal level, arrogant, selfish and generally fuck ups but that’s anecdotal too. Not worth much without other historical facts.

What historical examples do we have from atheistic societies? They are really ugly and they are able to justify massive atrocities because they don’t fear thus have to answer to god.

It’s much easier to wipe out 100k people when you don’t think you have to ultimately answer to god.
'A bunch [of atheists]', you're getting the cause wrong: read 'most people'. They'd be asses as christian, jew or other.

As if Christians never commited atrocities. Some so grimdark they became origin stories for one of the most powerful daemons in the warhammer 40k setting.

If we're rolling deaths caused by mismanagement of famine into numbers Pol Pot was a rookie. The East India Trading Company killed 10 million in the Bengal region to keep shareholders happy. Thats on top of those they hung for refusing to sell what little produce/store they had to the company (instead of feeding their family). This company was acting under royal charter, vis a vis acting in God's name.

Christians aren't magicaly absolved of their sins(!) unless you want to play the 'no real scottsman' game.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:38 PM
Banned

I don’t go to religious service monthly yet I’m religious.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It’s much easier to wipe out 100k people when you don’t think you have to ultimately answer to god.
Arguably it's easier if you feel you only answer to God. He'll understand and reward appropriately for bringing righteous justice to heathens and sinners ... Right?

How about the IRA killing young children in England? How about British squadies opening fire on irish civilians?
Old 01-01-2020, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don’t go to religious service monthly yet I’m religious.
Don't you have your own sermons that you give, I believe you call them podcasts.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
'
As if Christians never commited atrocities. Some so grimdark they became origin stories for one of the most powerful daemons in the warhammer 40k setting.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
'A bunch [of atheists]', you're getting the cause wrong: read 'most people'. They'd be asses as christian, jew or other.

If we're rolling deaths caused by mismanagement of famine into numbers Pol Pot was a rookie. The East India Trading Company killed 10 million in the Bengal region to keep shareholders happy. Thats on top of those they hung for refusing to sell what little produce/store they had to the company (instead of feeding their family). This company was acting under royal charter, vis a vis acting in God's name.

Christians aren't magicaly absolved of their sins(!) unless you want to play the 'no real scottsman' game.
How long ago were the crusades? How many secular nations have been great since then?

Almost all of modern days societies evolution cane from the great conditions of Christian societies largely because of the system of rules and laws that allowed for building and advancement to take place. And as we move away from those values you can see how we are declining in real time.

On the flip side what does atheism provide for a society? Increased degeneracy which I’ve already shown the deeply harming effects that has, fractures community without a unified set of decent morals, leaves room to justify mass atrocities.
Last edited by Teppler; 01-01-2020 at 02:47 PM..
Old 01-01-2020, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The more you squirm the more it tightens. Despite your opinion that it can be disproved you are still here arguing that it can.

Ever consider going to school for a degree in women's studies?
I went to Jerusalem on my last business trip. Saw the blood of "Christ". Touched the stone they prepared his body on allegedly. Even went into the place they allegedly entombed him. Felt nothing. No magic. No power. No divine anything. Our tour guide was a very religious man. He could tell I don't believe in fairy tales. Near the end he came to me and told me that it could very well be bullshit. All of it. The stories of Jesus weren't even written down until decades after he died. He said it doesn't matter if it's real or not as long as people believe. I've come to realize that religion is just placebo. It's not real, but as long.ad people keep fooling themselves they actually do get some benefit. Just have to wake people up.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't you have your own sermons that you give, I believe you call them podcasts.
Horza I know you don't have anything to do all day because you are chronically unemployed and overweight but I'm sorry to tell you you're attempted doxxing and subsequent harassment effort is wrong.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

At least galach has scared him into just arguing the moral degeneracy of the continent of Europe rather than anyone who has more melanin.
Closed Thread