Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowmercy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
interesting, in all the return to red outcrys ive read dont think ive seen somone bring this up. global ooc doesnt provide a closer sense of community? or appart from just not being classic, does it enable and highlight the capacity for the negative aspects of what the community can be? the latter seems to be the jest of what i hear people concerned about, or at least the vocal ones. i guess the people enjoying it shouldnt care either way heh
I will reroll and level with you
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-02-2018, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Population there would go up if they removed global ooc and exp bonus. People play classic eq server for classic eq.
I really dislike the XP bonus. Everyone loves a good old scrump in crushbone, over the lakes of dagnors, or in mistmoore.

High level pvp is a pita because recovery is much more intensive, and there is a lot more on the line.

I basically stopped playing red after the xp bonus was put in. It seemed almost like a mechanic to accelerate new players to become freshmeat for the end game.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-02-2018, 08:41 PM
Sarnak

not so subtle advertisement for Red but I applaud the change of approach
Old 06-02-2018, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really dislike the XP bonus. Everyone loves a good old scrump in crushbone, over the lakes of dagnors, or in mistmoore.

High level pvp is a pita because recovery is much more intensive, and there is a lot more on the line.

I basically stopped playing red after the xp bonus was put in. It seemed almost like a mechanic to accelerate new players to become freshmeat for the end game.
agreed

low level pvp was fun. pvp at level 50 was not fun (people just train you)
Old 06-03-2018, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

What would have happened on red in this drusella scenario?

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 06-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Sarnak

Good to see you got your scalp, Knowmercy.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would have happened on red in this drusella scenario?
People on red just kill a 6neck. No one wants to be balls deep on drusella and CR
Old 06-04-2018, 05:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowmercy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the absolutely amazing QQUI https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=232071 couldnt live without it. its lean and sexy. one thing that erk'd me about this client and screens i see of current live version is how encumbering and thicc/ugly the UI is.

aye. on that note - i have yet to check out this thread https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=299397 but based on title im assuming its people over analyzing and over thinking an agreement/rule that requires the human factor and working together to realize. but whenever time, plat, and pixels are on the line it makes things even more difficult. as the gms have said on some policies/rules: theres not going to be a clear cut explanation on some things simply because its not possible, and requires people working together to make it happen. So i can understand their ambiguity and adjustments, especially to the raid scene/rules for the most part

granted i went hard for a while, my magelo is a testament to that. knowmercy is the #1 enchanter on the box gear wise (sorry OG hyjal, brother your geared weird lol). once i got the toon to a place were i could fart around to a degree of my liking, and had no intentions of making another toon or need for plat, things changed. i wont say for better or for worse because thats the beauty of how you can enjoy this box. but now its more about the unique experiences like in the tall tale
And the timers?