Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Kobold

2 embarrassing moments:

1st one leading a group of completely new to the zone people in sebilis as an enchanter. I tell the monk to pull and I will mezz all the adds, had one targeted already to mezz as soon as it was in range. I'm paying attention to the kids more than the game, the monk pulls and not realizing I had tab-targeted myself I proceed to self-mez and wipe the group.

2nd one was raid in molten core in WoW. I'm targeting each mob so tanks can assist me and get the target they will be locking down for the encounter with 8 rock elementals that explode. I see an arrow streaking across the screen and yell who fired that and look down to see my 6 month hold banging on the A key. Wiped the whole raid on that one.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Most embarrassing moment was when I was doing a raid with <Anonymous> in DN on my SK a few years ago. Something came up IRL and I had to leave as we were clearing the Chetari so I logged out near the cave entrance expecting to rejoin shortly. But I never could.

I log in later and the zone is empty. I figured I could get out easily but suddenly I get summoned somewhere and killed instantly. I made a big mistake, and hit a dragon construct trap. The guild tried to help me but the construct was camping the entrance for hours.

Several people tried to help that day and then the next. My corpse was in a crazy spot apparently. Other people died. I eventually was able to somehow get my corpse bare naked, craziest CR I ever did. I sure did cause myself and others a lot of trouble by logging out in DN that day.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:10 PM
Banned

died in LOIO goblin caves last week and had to fight my way back in there with a pal to CR

completely forgot i had locate corpse and could have just sow'd run in cr dragged but instead cleared our way blindly guessing where i may have died instead

a lot of XP was had at least and it was fun crawling

felt dungeony tbh
Old 07-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i wiped a chardok raid by a healing a monk. still not sure when that's OK
near the end of my red career this was me in fear wall healing a FD monk with my weak DRU heal because i wanted to be all liek IM HELPING!!

dumb
Old 07-09-2018, 06:29 PM
Orc

got tricked into giving a halfling a blowie

edit shes my gf now
Old 07-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

Just today I ported a guy to WL, not even thinking to ask about Wuoshi. She was up, of course, and while *I* have Ally faction, he did not and got ate, immediately. He asked if I could drag his corpse to Kael. SURE, I said. And then started. And then got agro'd by something on the way, lost his corpse and finally zoned.

Took me 15 mins to find his corpse again and drag it the rest of the way to Kael where there was LUCKILY a 60 epic'd cleric hanging out.

In fact I never DID "find" his corpse; I had to make a macro "/target <player_name>", spam that in ever widening circles where I thought I lost it, and wait till it "hit". Luckily I was close enough that /corpse worked.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just today I ported a guy to WL, not even thinking to ask about Wuoshi. She was up, of course, and while *I* have Ally faction, he did not and got ate, immediately.
Good idea to ask a Dial druid if Wuoshi is up.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Aviak

Uhhhggg the memory haunts me still.

Take a long hiatus at level 58 or so. Come back after 6 months or so to grind out 60. Rusty, to say the least. Friends decide to join Anonymous; first raiding guild on p99 for any of us. Join and hit 60 a few days later.

Obtain Kazumi's Note of Preservation but haven't had a chance to use/test it yet. Don't really remember exactly how DA works, but it sounds pretty good.

Attend 2nd or 3rd raid ever in EQ or p99. Is Fear clear. No idea how it works. Just going with the flow. People start saying in comms that the train is coming in. Everyone get ready. Damn! That's a lot of mobs! You know what would be helpful to make sure everyone in MY group is super safe? I think you do.

All of the sudden, all the chanters start freaking out. "I can't cast my stun WTF!?!?". Dawns on me what I just did, and what class my group is largely comprised of. Then it dawns on everyone else, what I just did. Who the fuck is this new app?

Full wipe.

First impressions are the greatest, eh?
Last edited by Smurflogik; 07-10-2018 at 01:42 PM..
Old 07-10-2018, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurflogik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uhhhggg the memory haunts me still.

Take a long hiatus at level 58 or so. Come back after 6 months or so to grind out 60. Rusty, to say the least. Friends decide to join Anonymous; first raiding guild on p99 for any of us. Join and hit 60 a few days later.

Obtain Kazumi's Note of Preservation but haven't had a chance to use/test it yet. Don't really remember exactly how DA works, but it sounds pretty good.

Attend 2nd or 3rd raid ever in EQ or p99. Is Fear clear. No idea how it works. Just going with the flow. People start saying in comms that the train is coming in. Everyone get ready. Damn! That's a lot of mobs! You know what would be helpful to make sure everyone in MY group is super safe? I think you do.

All of the sudden, all the chanters start freaking out. "I can't cast my stun WTF!?!?". Dawns on me what I just did, and what class my group is largely comprised of. Then it dawns on everyone else, what I just did. Who the fuck is this new app?

Full wipe.

First impressions are the greatest, eh?
The first rule of breaking fear is DO NOT buff or heal the kiter...

The (new) second rule is no bards in the chanter group.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Aviak

nothing as good as screwing over other PC's but as a monk was in a fight got poisoned FD'd forgot about the poison walked away from monitor and died.

went to explore Dal'nir with a full grp when i was high enough and most was green. didnt realize there was a boss mob at the exit to get out. spent the next five hours with help from guild mates trying to get corpses.

as a bard forgot AOE song was on and attacked guards.
Closed Thread