Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by qinsteel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Picaro11 you may very well be right and I am not getting the point and I also agree a forum is the place to discuss new ideas and present different view points. However; this entire thread is about RMT. and the facts are:

1. Rogean is allowed to operate an Everquest emulation (IP owned by another entity) as long as no profit is made from said emulation. I also believe that includes profit from anyone involved in the emulation.

2. Rogean is required to enforce such rules

3. RMT sellers are making money on the P99 emulation

4. The entire server could be forced to shut down should the IP owners decide to bring legal action against Rogean

So what am I missing Picaro11 when my point is play by the rule or leave because IMO RMT are threating the P99 server and everyone who plays. So if a few people have to wait a month or more to play again while its sorted out. That is the reality that RMT people have forced on to everyone playing and that is where your anger should be directed and not the messanger.
Are you internal staff? I dont get why so many other Users attempt to pontificate on matters that hardly concern them. Why can't a person who doesn't obviously think like the majority of you guys ask some questions and have a discussion about other options with people who actually know for once?
Old 02-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

Qinsteel, that is a very selfish opinion. I was banned for doing nothing and got my account released after they made me feel like a villain for playing the game the way they fucking set it up to be played.

They are going nuts over this shit and IMO, going way overboard. I'm surprised the population has grown this much since I last played because the management seems to be a lot worse than when I left.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 02-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Now nobody wants to help others transfer stuff, which is required in this game.

Nobody wants to meet new people and be able to trust them because they might get you banned.

There may be more bodies on here, but the spirit of the game sure has gone to shit.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by picaro11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bit disingenuous to speak highly of doing something for free given you are clearly benefiting from someone else's charity in this case. Wake up will ya.
Will you please just go away, limit your shitbaggery to real life and leave us to our peace? Here, you do not possess the predatory prowess you so covet. The project staff wield that power and like it or not you are the prey. You lost. And more demeaning, yet you were warned beforehand. You were bested and the one who bested you had no interest in doing so.

To the rest of your ramblings, I understand the distilled primal world view you embrace and the fact that in the absence of an greater power the only rational endeavor is self betterment. Unfortunately for you and perhaps contrary for the rest of us, we are social creatures and have to varying degrees evolved to derive satisfaction from that of others. Yes, I know scarcity demands that one person's gain is another's loss, but that assumes everything is valued the same to everyone else, which we know to be false.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will you please just go away, limit your shitbaggery to real life and leave us to our peace? Here, you do not possess the predatory prowess you so covet. The project staff wield that power and like it or not you are the prey. You lost. And more demeaning, yet you were warned beforehand. You were bested and the one who bested you had no interest in doing so.

To the rest of your ramblings, I understand the distilled primal world view you embrace and the fact that in the absence of an greater power the only rational endeavor is self betterment. Unfortunately for you and perhaps contrary for the rest of us, we are social creatures and have to varying degrees evolved to derive satisfaction from that of others. Yes, I know scarcity demands that one person's gain is another's loss, but that assumes everything is valued the same to everyone else, which we know to be false.
Thanks for your world view. Trust me, if it were in-fact a surprise to me that people like you felt this way, then I would also be surprised that there are "haves" and "have-nots". As for vividly describing my "defeat", Let me remind you that I am a grown man who takes risks and it would be entirely unrealistic for me to assume that every risk I ever took never ended up in a loss. So that I can handle.

So while you sit in your ivory moral tower and hemorrhage your life's resources till you die, you apparently aren't grown enough to understand the "Risk" experience as well as I do.

"I didn't say it would easy Neo, I just said it would be the truth...." - The Matrix
Last edited by picaro11; 02-23-2015 at 12:43 PM..
Old 02-23-2015, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Makes life easier: http://www.project1999.com/forums/pr...gnore&u=114518
Old 02-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Oh! I was about to ask if there were a forum feature like that, but then thought it was a stupid question ^^ Apparently not. Thanks Thuls!
Old 02-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by picaro11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So while you sit in your ivory moral tower and hemorrhage your life's resources till you die, you apparently aren't grown enough to understand the "Risk" experience as well as I do.
Yeah... Risk...

There's a huge difference between taking a risk on a legitimate business opportunity (will cheesy-peas be the next big thing?) which could end in bankruptcy and hoping you don't get caught breaking the rules again or else you'll lose access to a computer game account which you sunk cash into.

You sound so grown up, you really do...
Old 02-23-2015, 12:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah... Risk...

There's a huge difference between taking a risk on a legitimate business opportunity (will cheesy-peas be the next big thing?) which could end in bankruptcy and hoping you don't get caught breaking the rules again or else you'll lose access to a computer game account which you sunk cash into.

You sound so grown up, you really do...
So I suppose you too, consume definitions of "The way" as they are given to you? Whats the point here? I hope you got what you wanted. Risks here was taken for personal gain. Business or pleasure.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:48 PM
Kobold

First, i'd like to thank all the developers, GMs, guides, etc. who donate their time to the project. It's very much appreciated and something to be proud of.

If it's ok to ask, what is the actual hard cost to run/maintain the server, for bandwidth, etc.?
Closed Thread