Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 06-17-2023, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

I am really not sure why Keebz thinks the only thing a 60 Shadowknight can do is fight tough single mobs. Any time you lose XP in 60, you eventually have to grind it back if you want to keep 60. You aren't going to be grinding XP then? Blood Ember magically becomes useless? I think you are way too focused on one aspect of the game to try and win the argument.

I have a 60 Shaman who does all kinds of solo content. It isn't like I am unfamiliar with the end game, both solo and raiding. You don't need to fight a mob with every single class to understand how it operates.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-17-2023 at 04:45 PM..
Old 06-17-2023, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Not really sure why people are talking about rolling other classes or undervaluing BE stuff. You can min max an sk just as you can min max any other class. It’s about getting the best edge possible, this is a locked server, so getting free advantages are huge. BE is advantageous, plain and simple. If you’re not trying to incorporate it into all levels of play, you’re just being inefficient on a class that needs every bit of efficiency it can get.

An iksar sk can eventually solo a cliff golem same as a DE sk. That doesn’t matter. Going a race like troll with BE and regen and slam are advantages that add up over time. Not to mention have huge melee bonuses over the other races besides ogre. If you’re ok with giving up some of that for iksar looks, that’s fine. Just know that you are handicapping yourself to some extent.

I’ve done several sk builds. I also have a 60 sk. Based on my build research I would recommend fashion first and foremost. If you don’t care about that then go troll for solo or ogre for group/raid. If you want to bis a magelo then prob go erudite.
Old 06-17-2023, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really sure why people are talking about rolling other classes or undervaluing BE stuff. You can min max an sk just as you can min max any other class. It’s about getting the best edge possible, this is a locked server, so getting free advantages are huge. BE is advantageous, plain and simple. If you’re not trying to incorporate it into all levels of play, you’re just being inefficient on a class that needs every bit of efficiency it can get.

An iksar sk can eventually solo a cliff golem same as a DE sk. That doesn’t matter. Going a race like troll with BE and regen and slam are advantages that add up over time. Not to mention have huge melee bonuses over the other races besides ogre. If you’re ok with giving up some of that for iksar looks, that’s fine. Just know that you are handicapping yourself to some extent.

I’ve done several sk builds. I also have a 60 sk. Based on my build research I would recommend fashion first and foremost. If you don’t care about that then go troll for solo or ogre for group/raid. If you want to bis a magelo then prob go erudite.
Agreed.
Old 06-17-2023, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

The only right choices Is the races that allow you to wear PD robe for the mana BIS, all the other options yall are giving are invalid.
Old 06-17-2023, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only right choices Is the races that allow you to wear PD robe for the mana BIS, all the other options yall are giving are invalid.
Vindi BP better. Robes are dumb.
Old 06-17-2023, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vindi BP better. Robes are dumb.
Sorry your ugly troll can’t wear, mana is all that matters and vindi has none. Hope that helps.
Old 06-17-2023, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m just saying knight loot in general is basically free compared to every other class, and being over geared makes content easy.
The few exceptions being Tunare flamberge and Crown of Narandi. Everything else that's knight-specific though, pennies on the dollar in terms of DKP. It's a nice perk and kind of ridiculous how quickly it can be done on a budget, considering how many people still want to twink their knight alts for duoing/soloing.
Old 06-17-2023, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sorry your ugly troll can’t wear, mana is all that matters and vindi has none. Hope that helps.
You don't need 300 extra max mana to beat any encounters that I am aware of, and you aren't spot healing in raids. Sorry you got robe.
Old 06-17-2023, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need 300 extra max mana to beat any encounters that I am aware of, and you aren't spot healing in raids. Sorry you got robe.
You don’t need BE gear either , quit changing the goalposts.
Old 06-17-2023, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You don’t need BE gear either , quit changing the goalposts.
Please show me where I said you need Blood Ember gear hehe. I said it's better than not having it, and better than Greenmist. Sorry you can't read. Hope this helps.