Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 03:51 AM
Planar Protector

Next forced beta day for sure!

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 02-17-2015, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

FINALLY last night after 350 something snow dervishes, I got an Iceball.

Now I just need the drop from Siren's Grotto and a few scripted things to finish my 9th Ring. Soonish Taken will have a ring war ready to test whenever this goes onto beta.

I got a Neriad Shawl but none of the sea shell drops used for quests.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:18 AM
Sarnak

Spent all night researching the ring war in prep - can't wait! Few questions once we can get to testing -

Just curious, did you run through it a few times on live in order to compare? If not, is this something you would be interested in? I can probably work to arrange a few run throughs on the test server if so.

Are you pretty confident with the script timings/overall length etc being classic? Mini-wave composition/variation? 3rd wave warlord mechanic & Narindi timer/spawn?

I don't believe letting a runner get to thurgadin is an instant fail, is this currently on a small timer or instant? It's fairly short if I recall posts, just don't believe it's instant. Ie, you can engage them and drag back to avoid a fail.

There are numerous documented small bugs (I'm not talking the major ones that were fixed in various patches, but more minor ones ranging from skipping the 1st wave, to some back-to-back spawns of mini-waves, to quest text not triggering, etc), did you put any of these in? Are you wanting to put any of them in?

Lastly...can we expect Bentos to remain the hero? The handling of Botb titles seems to suggest it should not remain Bentos.
Last edited by wycca; 02-19-2015 at 07:00 AM..
Old 02-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

War has been done numerous times on Test thanks to Nilbog. Need to get people on beta to get the rings quested and be ready for the 10th Patch.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

9th Ring complete. Ready to start 10th Ring war whenever the patch drops.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:38 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are numerous documented small bugs (I'm not talking the major ones that were fixed in various patches, but more minor ones ranging from skipping the 1st wave, to some back-to-back spawns of mini-waves, to quest text not triggering, etc), did you put any of these in? Are you wanting to put any of them in?
There are some quirks, like a couple giants that take pathing shortcuts we copied, however, most of the quest triggers correctly and the event should be very stable. It's been broken and patched up multiple times on live, but I remember all the text working classically. We went with the classic groups instead of the 6 NPC waves on live currently.

Double waves were likely caused by 2 waves with different pathing and some giants being stopped by dwarves on the way and yes that can happen.
Last edited by Alunova; 02-19-2015 at 11:42 AM..
Old 02-19-2015, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are some quirks, like a couple giants that take pathing shortcuts we copied, however, most of the quest triggers correctly and the event should be very stable. It's been broken and patched up multiple times on live, but I remember all the text working classically. We went with the classic groups instead of the 6 NPC waves on live currently.

Double waves were likely caused by 2 waves with different pathing and some giants being stopped by dwarves on the way and yes that can happen.
There's some really great info on spawn points, timing, spawns, pathing, composition, resists, etc. Will try to do some epic-level make-it-classic comparisons.

6 npc waves? Oh wow, glad you went with the classic stuff.

Timeline Note - I've seen some info on the resist changes and spells on the 3rd wave. Since these (ie the slow flag/MR adjustments) are on the P99 timeframe, just wanted to make sure these were possibly baked into the ringwar for your timeline updates.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Oh hey, motivational video I found -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoMogwxgw-0

Ringwar still looks like it had the 3 classic waves w/mini-waves on Fippy.

So stoked.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Developer

It seems like you are bug reporting before you have even seen what we built ;P Wait for patch and try it once
Old 02-19-2015, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
9th Ring complete. Ready to start 10th Ring war whenever the patch drops.
pm me the time/date when you do it, after the patch. alot of red dogs will come over and participate.
Closed Thread