Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Another addition. I log in to beta, tell the banker "beta buff me".

Come back with my Mage epic.

I went to Cobalt Scar and had my epic pet attack a level 40 Wyvern. The wyvern did 50% dmg to the pet before the pet killed it.

I am thinking there is something wrong with Mage pets ability to dps all mobs in Velious and there is something about Velious mobs having a lot of attack power.

I can't confirm this for any other class only to mage pets.

EDIT:

This does NOT happen in old world nor Kunark. There is an obvious difference in mitigation and attack regarding Velious mobs vs Mage Pets.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

When I was farming those for armor gems on a beta Mage I would typically be able to handle 2 wyvern at a time without the pet dying, usually the pet only lost maybe 10-20%.

Did you let the pet DS itself before sending him in? Did you burnout him? Did he have a muzzle?
Old 07-24-2015, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mahe epic pet gets rooted 9.5/10 casts and gets poofed by bard charm. Need dev support (red).

Thanks

-coffee
Not an EPIC mage yet, but this is frustrating for our normal pets as well.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I was farming those for armor gems on a beta Mage I would typically be able to handle 2 wyvern at a time without the pet dying, usually the pet only lost maybe 10-20%.

Did you let the pet DS itself before sending him in? Did you burnout him? Did he have a muzzle?
Pet did DS, and for some odd reason only 143 proc'd 1 time the whole battle (against 2 'a wyvern').

Burnout 3, no muzzle.

Funny. Your actions were mine. I was farming for gems as well. Summoned the epic pet, summoned another orb. Pet DS'd, I burnout 3 pet, ran over /pet attack. Pet was at 45% health when done.

I don't have Epic yet on Blue, but I know this is wrong. Even the attack my pet was doing was crappy. It only hit maybe 8 or 10 times max (81 dmg). The dmg was all over the place as low as 16 dmg a hit to 40 something. I would say average hit dmg I saw was maybe in the 40s. It was landing hits fairly often, that doesn't seem to be too much of an issue, but the dmg output from each hit is very noticeable and it is crap. These are Green to me and blue to pet.

Muzzle will not make a 40 or 50% difference in health (only thing missing when I sent pet to attack).
Last edited by dafier; 07-24-2015 at 11:48 AM..
Old 07-24-2015, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Well either you had really bad luck or something changed, cause I was having no issue handling 2 at a time. Breaking the 4-spawns I needed to summon another one midway through.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Back to Icewell Keep:

Pet was hitting often, it's not that it wasn't landing hits, it's that the dmg was beyond weak. It's almost like the mob didn't have the AGI to dodge/block the attack, but it had really high AC that scratched out 50% plus incoming damage.
Last edited by dafier; 07-24-2015 at 11:53 AM..
Old 07-24-2015, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well either you had really bad luck or something changed, cause I was having no issue handling 2 at a time. Breaking the 4-spawns I needed to summon another one midway through.
I will test tonight. I am not going to 'Beta Buff' myself. I am level 58 and will just use my 57 Earth with BO3, Muzzle and I will DS him with Cadeau.

I'll stick to CS zone and fight Wyverns.

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

First test:

In CS now. I summoned a max level 57 Earth pet. He was hitting for 70. When fighting 2 'a wyverns' he was destroyed. Might as well be paper. He was buffed with BO3, Cadeau and had a 11% haste mask.

1 Wyvern that he was attacking he got it to 24% before he died. The second Wyvern was at 78% because he took a couple hits and mostly due to the DS.

The wyverns both hit me a couple times and their max dmg was 126. They appeared to have about 7 to 9k of health. They were double attacking and double bashing my pet every round and hitting for pretty much max.

My pet was averaging in the 40s and 50s per hit. There were a few 70 dmg hits but not much.

Second test:

Summoned another 57 Earth pet. This one was hitting for 68 (second most high pet). I sent him against 1 Wyvern. That Wyvern was hitting for about 110 per hit. My pet had it down and only took about 30% dmg over all. Again pet was buffed just like in the first test.

Third test:

Pet (same as in second test) vs Cobalt Drake. I forgot they released Velious with the Cobalt drakes casting the same spell Lady Vox cast. Cold DD with disspell. That needs to be fixed asap. SOE admitted later that was a mistake. Way too powerful of a spell for those NPCs to have.

Pet pretty much took out the drake 1 vs 1 without issue and only took about 20% health hit.

------

There IS something wrong. You have a high level mage with high level pets that should easily manage these mobs. This is not the case here. I am really looking forward to ToFS, but with this going on....ugh, that will be a nightmare.

I remember taking my Epic mage on live and soloing everything in ToFS except for what's her face up top.

I'll post more discrepancies later.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Apparently the Wyverns in my first test were the 2 on the cliff together right next to Skyshrine. Those are Wyverns from hell.

The other Wyverns are not nearly as difficult as those.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhist...56&source=Live

According to this the spell never changed its intensity. I do recall it changing. SOE said level 40 ish drakes shouldn't be casting a level 50+ spell. I can't seem to find the change.
Closed Thread