Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Fire Giant

Default Gorge of King Xorbb - Missing NPC's, Pathing, etc.

Having just spent the past week in the Gorge farming Spinflint the stingy bastard who made me kill him about 19 times before he gave up the malachite, I found a few problems.

1. Named Mud Golem "Qlei" is missing.

I have farmed the zone for over a week now AEing down EVERY NPC except the Paladin quest dwarf and have never once seen Qlei. I've seen all other named 15+ times.

This website here: proves that Qlei existed pre-Kunark: http://hem.passagen.se/motz/eq_beholders.html If you go to the front of the page it was last updated in 1999. He's supposedly a level 18 warrior, but I cannot find any combat statistics. Note that Alla and other sites all say that muddites hit WAY harder than other mobs of their level and that they're crappy mobs to fight due to the ass-beat factor.

2. Evil Eyes should spawn in the maze itself, here there are only gas spores.

Real Evil Eyes (Not the gas spores/Xorbb) do not roam above the shrine. On live they could sometimes be found roaming the gorge (and EK where they are properly found I think). Having killed many thousands of mobs here, I never saw a single eye above the shrine. The gas spores were dangerous because you ever knew if it was an eye or a spore; as it stands, all eyes above the shrine are known spores on P99 when there should be some eyes mixed in. One Alla post even says the eye to spore ratio is 20 to 1, but that seems a bit low. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=37 has some discussion at the very bottom regarding "wandering eyes."

3. Pathing has a few issues.

Mobs get caught in pathing in a few places, and there are some places where the mobs path over the canyon walls. I don't know if this is accurate compared to live, but I think it's worth mentioning.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

4. King Xorbb MIGHT be KoS to minotaurs.

I can't find much info on this, but I seem to recall that in addition to being a rare spawn, Xorbb HATED the minotaurs and went on killing sprees (did the eyes also fight the minos?). This caused Xorbb to get killed earlier when he bothered to spawn. Am I off my rocker, or is this correct?

5. Goblin Alchemist is WAY too common.

I killed the goblin alchemist probably 15 times this week. He is supposed to be far far rarer. NOTE: Allakhazam says he spawns in Misty, but that appears to be for the rib cage and the gorge is for the humerus handled mace. Also, is spawn time may be off: see comment #3.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3665

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/8/2000 bottom quote
I logged around 168 hours into just getting this mob for the Treant Fist quest. Everyone needs to decide on their own if the gloves are worth it for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7/4/2000
3 days played time so far, and there have been other monks camping when I have been away. 5 full days and this guy hasn't popped. I urge all monks not to waste their time on this quest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8/9/2000
I recently found and killed him (yesterday in fact). He spawns on the fork at runneye entrance and is a 74 min spawn with various goblin placeholders. His spawns happens to be on top of a quicker spawn at the same spot. Hope that helps.
http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ad.php?t=19725
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4/9/2008
I can't really add anything to your search for it, but I did remember reading about this quest, and this drop in particular being quillimane-ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4/13/2008
was a long time ago, but I remember either the goblin or a ph spawned every hour. Once spawned, the goblin or ph wandered off to the right.
http://www.castle-grounds.co.uk/eq/treantquest.htm (Appears to be an excellent and timeline appropriate source)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treant Quest Guide
This is where the Goblin Alchemist is found. The gorge rests between East Karana and runnyeye, and he drops the Humorous Handled Mace. He is also the hardest one to track down, and much patiance[SIC] is required.

Kill that, then time 72 minutes from then on till the next placeholder.

f you have your back to the RunneyEye entrance, there are paths, one to the left and one to the right. On the left-hand path, there are two normal goblin spawns.Marked by the 2 black 'x''s. The Placeholder / Goblin Alchemist spawn (marked by the red 'x'), is more or less on the exact same spot as the rightmost of the two, nearest to the fork. The normal goblin spawn on a six minute timer, but the placeholder spawns in between the six-minute spawn, and is a 72-min spawn. The Placeholders can be anything from a sentry, lookout or even a veteran.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Epic!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Fire Giant

hey Frieza

You get your Resist head items ?

Spores never have pets. How you could tell if it was evil eye or not.

Evil eye should spawn in the pathways i can confirm this on eqmac 3 week and no king xorbb their bleh.

roughly location 750, neg 250 is where i killed spinflint the most. in that path that ends at your blue star( by path to ek) is where i got braham and spinflint and king a LOT.

Garue 49th Level Half Elf Warrior follower of Karana
Old 08-15-2013, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey Frieza

You get your Resist head items ?

Spores never have pets. How you could tell if it was evil eye or not.

Evil eye should spawn in the pathways i can confirm this on eqmac 3 week and no king xorbb their bleh.

roughly location 750, neg 250 is where i killed spinflint the most. in that path that ends at your blue star( by path to ek) is where i got braham and spinflint and king a LOT.
Yes, I finally got the "whole set" after some trying times. Spinflint has multiple spawn locations, and I actually had two spawn on me at once this afternoon. All of the named are simply a matter of patience and genocide. If nothing else, I managed to hand out a ton of loot (mostly PBB's) to all of East Karana.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Fire Giant

Nice.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Nice research!

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 09-05-2013, 01:29 AM
Fire Giant

Bump for these game-breaking exploitz.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1. Named Mud Golem "Qlei" is missing.
Fixed, pending update. Rare.

Quote:
2. Evil Eyes should spawn in the maze itself, here there are only gas spores.
They already had the chance to spawn. Reworked some of the %s.

Quote:
3. Pathing has a few issues.
Alunova did work on this. Should look better next patch.

Quote:
4. King Xorbb MIGHT be KoS to minotaurs.
Need more information.

Quote:
5. Goblin Alchemist is WAY too common.

Fixed, pending update.

Nerfed, a lot. The goblin spawns now work as indicated on the map above. 72 minute spawn, wanders with the goblin spawn directly next to it.

Pending update,
-Muddites cast the proper blinding spell
-a goblin veteran now exists
-goblin spawns drop cloth armor

Zone will get further tuning in the future, but this should resolve some of the oustanding problems it had.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

RIP that first page link. Back up your favorite EQ pages!

web.archive.org does an awful job backing up images.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Last edited by maximum; 02-16-2014 at 06:56 PM..
Closed Thread