Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 08:04 AM
Kobold

need power level
Old 07-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PVP is optional in any league, you can participate whenever i think from lvl 28

Tempest is the new league that starts today, with special item drops. If u die in that league, u get dropped in standard, where you can die as much as u want.

If u survive the whole league, which i think is 4 months, your character gets dropped in Hardcore league which has better item drops than standard.

If u die in hardcore, you get dropped in standard
Hardcore doesn't have better drops. It's the exact same game as standard except your character drops out of the league to standard when he dies.

PvP rarely happens even in regular hardcore. I would imagine it will never happen in tempest. I've been to the regular hardcore arena plenty of times and never once saw anyone else, even when the Leo daily was something simple like "survive 180 seconds in the arena. 1v1 queue as a hardcore character only works because it's a combined standard/hardcore queue.

There are people over level 80 in warbands. I mean do they even sleep? I'm level 17 after 24 hours, but because of things like life I don't exactly play for hours at a time nonstop.

Haven't tried tempest yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
got to 10, gonna go play some sports then pick back up. i have no direction or plan for my guy so im just getting whatever skills look good lol. should be interesting running a blind build. my fav thing so far is when the one of the top 100 die. everyone trolls them including the good ol "cya nerd"

pras
You'll be screwed later. Definitely follow a guide if you aren't too familiar with the skill tree and endgame.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hardcore doesn't have better drops. It's the exact same game as standard except your character drops out of the league to standard when he dies.
Guess youre right, always assumed HC had better drops, like leagues. HCs advantage is a better economy i guess then.

This tempest build im following is quite tanky, more so than any marauder builds i had tried before

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/105920

Im currently 39, probably gonna pay someone to tank dominus for me though lol just to be safe

Theres something special about watching a guy pushing it to the limit from 3pm to 12pm the next day, dying at 70 and seeing people tell him things like "go to sleep now nerd"
Old 07-13-2015, 04:50 AM
Fire Giant

There are 2 main differences between tempest league and hardcore.

1) The name giver, tempests. Those are AE effects that happen in certain regions, randomized every hour. Those can be beneficial (for you and the mobs) or detrimental (again for you and the mobs). Since most mobs are dumb you can exploit both the beneficial and detrimental effects.

2) Fresh economy. Tempest is a temporal league, meaning it just started and nobody had any stuff they could use from previous playing. And the league will end, dropping everybody into a permanent league.

That's really nice in PoE, the fact that you get a restart every few month. I would like to have that option in p1999 as well. Like one server that restarts every 6 months and one that is permanent.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

LOL thought those AE storms all over the map were normal. This is my first time really playing. So far I am level 32 templar in act 3. i havent read much, still no idea what all these orbs do, but I've been using molten strike paired with some overkill fire gem i found. Everyone says I will die in act 4 without a proper builds, well see. I filled my stash with rares and unique in case I die.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

my build so far (made it up)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...acterName=Saam

got 75 all resists atm, using sceptors and shields

i basically wanted a d2 paladin since my fav thing to do in d2 was to pvp with my hammerdin. one thing that really erks me is my guy has no pants despite wearing heavy plate armor.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

gonna steam a little today twitch.tv/traaksc
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 07-13-2015 at 02:15 PM..
Old 07-13-2015, 02:23 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Is this game regioned? If I'm stuck on the EU servers I feel less inclined to play.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

dont think so, it lets me pick a variety of servers but i could be wrong.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Made a duelist - its a hoot... think one of the quest zones bugged on me to stop me opening up another zone but I'll go back and try again tomorrow.

Sam kindly donated a few items, can't use the weapons yet but level 7 and rising - its good fun.
Closed Thread