Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Banned

Cool! Feel free to hit up Katrik, I'll make you some bags! I play frequently. =)
Old 08-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Aviak

Ally chat can still get retarded in some places, but its a bit better. Hit up Lenaic if you need some tailoring or enchanting done, or just help.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After the recent regressive changes on P99 to create a more Classic experience, plus some Guild members either quitting or reducing their playing time, I find my love for EQ diminishing and eroding with each new patch.

I never experienced WOW - certainly not Vanilla. Looking for a similar experience to EQ, but not creaking in certain places, and vastly better PvP.

The WOW social experience has always put me off in the past, but hearing that Alliance is better to avoid the cesspit that is chat, and that WOW players have thin skins, the bad crowd is not so much of a factor.

I've decided to take a sabbatical from P99, and will roll on Nost. I will roll Alliance Druid for the challenge, and to really dive into WOW at the deep end given that I'm a WOW virgin. Adversity is the best teacher in the long run, and I have no real desire or time to play anything other than casual (couple hours a week); hence, am not interested in end-game raiding at this point in time.

Have a lot to do this week, so will not probably start Nost (even though it is downloading) until the weekend.
You're in for a real treat if you have never played wow at all. There will be scumbags on either side of the alliance and horde, but I have always found alliance to be the lesser of the two evils. The ignore function comes in more handy in wow then any other game I have ever played.

If you enjoy pvp, wow can be a great game for it, group or soloing. Some of the best times I had in pvp was in vanilla wow on live. I actually found a video I posted of me pvping on youtube but it's such crap quality I'd hate to share it lol.

You choose a great class imo for a beginner, a druid can do a little bit of everything and also the most versatile class imo. Tank check, heals check, stealth check, dps check, travel form check. While some classes can do other things better then the druid their versatility is what truly sets them apart. A good group will appreciate a druid breaking off from their dps to help the main healer out, or take over tanking if the tank wipes, etc.

I play on Kronus from time to time, there was just way to many bugs and exploits that happened on Nostalrius for me to want to stay there after awhile. Plus Kronus just feels so much more fleshed out then Nost.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:51 PM
Kobold

Thanks people! It's good to hear that there are a lot of P99 players who also enjoy vanilla WOW.

I've rolled Gogoyubari on the P2P server, and expect to be rolled by Horde once I venture out in a few levels or so. That's part of the appeal.

Everything so far has been smooth and plain-sailing: from installation, to creating a character, logging on, getting used to the UI, and configuring windows. Very intuitive and polished. The design philosophy seems to be to help players get on their way, not in their way.

I have no desire to use a Wiki or any other web-resource at the moment. When I get some more time towards the weekend, I'd like to play the game on my terms and begin to discover things for myself.

I now have a better appreciation for how hostile EQ can appear to new players, especially players who may be post 90s gamers.

Thanks for the support and offers of help. I'm quite interested to find out just how bad (or good) the community actually is.
Riotgirl - formerly High Elf Enchanter | Ayonae Ro
Old 08-14-2015, 09:02 AM
Kobold

Anyone still playing here? where are most of you at? anyone wanna boost me? 8D
Old 08-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ignore function comes in more handy in wow then any other game I have ever played.
Oh god, ignore sucks in WoW. There just aren't enough slots for all of the idiot man children in the barrens.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh god, ignore sucks in WoW. There just aren't enough slots for all of the idiot man children in the barrens.
Why do they call it an xbox 360 Samoht?
Old 08-17-2015, 09:29 AM
Orc

Any thoughts on the proposed Nostalrius PvE server?
Old 08-17-2015, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IN the beginning of WoW, the barrens was filled with "Chuck Norris jokes/facts".
Old 08-17-2015, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huc11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any thoughts on the proposed Nostalrius PvE server?
Haven't seen anything on it.