Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Better idea, try to recreate classic events with the loot they actually provided.

Even better, don't announce them way before hand.
Nirgon, the server as a whole is an emulation of the loot and events that were from the Classic, Kunark, and Velious era.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
warcraft is a game, and EQ is a world.

Pretty sure Everquest is a game... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anywho, people who want to test their might on Velious boses will be more than welcome to test to their hearts content once Everything in Kunark is finished and the developers start working on Velious.
One of the major delays with Kunark was the fact that not enough people frequented the test serverto submit bug reports, etc.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is instancing :P
Nothing he described is any more similar to instancing than the Bard Epic's triggered Trak spawn. Is your reading comprehension suffering from too much time on the internet, or do you just not know what instancing is?

I'm not saying I'm for or against the idea, but if all it is is spawning boss mobs (Mayong Mistmoore, anyone?) with no loot, then I fail to see how it would impact the server at all
Old 07-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aguilds /random for rights to have an uncontested evening tackling the mobs in The Arena (or wherever)
That is the worst way to settle contested things. GM's had guilds random for "turns" on targets on Fippy, and after a while they just started spawning mobs for the other people wanting a shot. 3 guilds wanting Vox that night? NP ! LET US JUST SPAWN A VOX FOR EACH GUILD!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury_P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nirgon, the server as a whole is an emulation of the loot and events that were from the Classic, Kunark, and Velious era.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oncedark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Might want to move this to flames.
He has a right to have this in server chat. Just make your own thread in RnF and provide a link and start raging :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing he described is any more similar to instancing than the Bard Epic's triggered Trak spawn. Is your reading comprehension suffering from too much time on the internet, or do you just not know what instancing is?
Jesus christ why are you so hostile? lol. obv your name is different in game, so maybe I pissed you off at one time or another. I guess I do that to some people.

And honestly my knowledge of kunark isn't that high. You trigger trak, or ragefire, or venril sathir via his remains.. or whatever. But these mobs exist in the real world and real things can happen, correct? If another guild felt like it, they could KS it or train you, right? The above suggestion is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on demand so that there's no socking or competition for the spawns during the designated event.
It may as well exist in a parallel dimension where you are unaffected by the actual universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
warcraft is a game, and EQ is a world.
Pretty sure Everquest is a game...
that was hyperbole. If this were rnf, this response would have been different :P
Last edited by Ektar; 07-06-2011 at 03:47 PM..
Old 07-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Banned

The main reason people are here on P99 is to see and do content in a classic way that they never did back in Live for whatever reason. People level up for content, they amass gear to see new content, they join guilds to experience content.

The whole point of Everquest is content. There is a ton of it, and most if it is still available to people who don't have the time or willpower to earn the most elite of it.

Trivializing content in this way will basically take away the one thing that people spend hours leveling and gearing up to see and do.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Since this is taking a turn for uncharted territories, here's exactly what I'd propose:

GM: "Hey, I think I'm going to run an event where I spawn some kick ass mobs (which may or may not be the same as Velious mobs) over the course of a week for any guild that wants to try. I will leave it open for as many guilds that want to try provided they are raid capable. (That's 7 days/guilds at most)

GM: Ok guilds that want to try! /random for the day of the week, sign up on the forums, or whatever! Just say so, and you get your shot at Raid Mob McAssbeater. Don't worry there's plenty to go around.

<7 Days later>

Players who willingly participated: That was fun!

I find the argument that this gives away strategies to be shaky at best. We all know how CH rotations work.

EDIT: The original post now contains a summary of my proposal.
Last edited by Frieza_Prexus; 07-06-2011 at 04:09 PM..
Old 07-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

A one-time thing not consisting of velious bosses is a lot less "vulgar" to what the server is. However, it's important to acknowledge that this is not what you initially proposed, and why the thread "[took] a turn for uncharted territories."

However, there's obviously more that goes into velious bosses than a CH rotation. I personally don't know many of the encounters, but there was something about agro changes? other things? As eq matured it also made its encounters further and further from tank 'n' spank. If you were to fight a velious boss, it gives away strat because you've now practiced dealing with the other variables in the fight. If these "hardcore" bosses you propose have nothing in common with any velious boss, then hey, why not.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
However, there's obviously more that goes into velious bosses than a CH rotation. I personally don't know many of the encounters, but there was something about agro changes? other things? As eq matured it also made its encounters further and further from tank 'n' spank. If you were to fight a velious boss, it gives away strat because you've now practiced dealing with the other variables in the fight. If these "hardcore" bosses you propose have nothing in common with any velious boss, then hey, why not.
I vaguely remember getting a massive knockback from some mob in WW. I've never flown so far so fast in my EQ career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread