Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 08-21-2023, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Default SSF Rogue - best possible gear

Looking for opinions on what the best possible gear you can get on a SSF Rogue. I've only done research on weapons so far, let me know if you think better weapons are possible. Would like opinions on armor too if anyone has already done research. Certainly a full set of blackened alloy from runnyeye. Not sure if sacrificing AC for other stats like Str or HP is worth it or not.

Piercing - Gloomwater Harpoon
1hb - Iksar Berserker Club
1hs - Coldain Velium-Pick
Last edited by eqravenprince; 08-21-2023 at 10:11 AM..
Old 08-21-2023, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

I must not fully understand the SSF game. I assumed this was literally solo. If so killing the fierce impeller in Kedge is going to be an adventure without poison and clickies. Even grouped, on level, it’s not easy so you would have to find a group of fellow misfits.
Old 08-21-2023, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I must not fully understand the SSF game. I assumed this was literally solo. If so killing the fierce impeller in Kedge is going to be an adventure without poison and clickies. Even grouped, on level, it’s not easy so you would have to find a group of fellow misfits.
You could be right, I admit that one was a bit of a stretch. I just assumed a level 42 single pull mob right next to zone line would be achievable if you tried over and over. Eventually you'd have a lucky string of hits and he'd have a string of misses or lower hits on any given fight.
Old 08-21-2023, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

ya have fun w/ that

SSF rogue is for masochists
Old 08-21-2023, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya have fun w/ that

SSF rogue is for masochists
You have to be a masochist to play Classic EQ. Everything is tedious and painful. Somethings more so than others.
Old 08-21-2023, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

So the way I am doing mine is era-limited. I don't allow myself access to revamped classic zones and Kunark+ until I hit 50. That means Burning Rapier is easily my best option until then. In Velious you should be able to solo quest a Frozen Shard and I don't think you can do better than that.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 08-21-2023, 07:13 PM
Sarnak

I suspect the frozen shard from killing shardwing courier quest is one of the best weapons. I think you can probably snare poison bow kite it even with terrible gear as long as you are moderately lucky with the snare resists.

You are going to want to camp a lot of https://wiki.project1999.com/Serpent_Blood_Potion, as it effectively lets you carry up to 40000 HP with 8 full 10 slot bags. That vastly extends what you can kill. That, poison kiting with snare and blind and NPC vs npc fighting would be the mechanics I would be looking at to try for solo stuff.

For example, bracer of benevolence is likely possible, but challenging, because the Giants will fight the cov aligned stuff in zone. Your technique would be to train the giants and just the right amount of stuff to the DN entrance; after you zone, they fight. If you chose well and the sides are balanced, one side will barely win. You support the losing side with the sacks of serpent blood potions to keep you alive, then kill the captain from low life with serpent blood to give you enough HP to solo his last few percent.
Old 08-21-2023, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the way I am doing mine is era-limited. I don't allow myself access to revamped classic zones and Kunark+ until I hit 50. That means Burning Rapier is easily my best option until then. In Velious you should be able to solo quest a Frozen Shard and I don't think you can do better than that.
Doesn't burning rapier require killing a level 33 mob in Mistmoore. Maybe could kill it by mid 40's.
Old 08-22-2023, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suspect the frozen shard from killing shardwing courier quest is one of the best weapons. I think you can probably snare poison bow kite it even with terrible gear as long as you are moderately lucky with the snare resists.

You are going to want to camp a lot of https://wiki.project1999.com/Serpent_Blood_Potion, as it effectively lets you carry up to 40000 HP with 8 full 10 slot bags. That vastly extends what you can kill. That, poison kiting with snare and blind and NPC vs npc fighting would be the mechanics I would be looking at to try for solo stuff.

For example, bracer of benevolence is likely possible, but challenging, because the Giants will fight the cov aligned stuff in zone. Your technique would be to train the giants and just the right amount of stuff to the DN entrance; after you zone, they fight. If you chose well and the sides are balanced, one side will barely win. You support the losing side with the sacks of serpent blood potions to keep you alive, then kill the captain from low life with serpent blood to give you enough HP to solo his last few percent.
With snare you can also build distance, bandage as you shoot and use ‘cheap’ potions to further recover hp against harder non-summoning mobs.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-22-2023, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

I hate to say it but if you can make it to 20 and get paralyzing poison to land you can probably kill Dorn for a Dragoon Dirk (6/23) and that Mucktail for a Polished Granite Tomahawk (6/26). That combo is going to be tough to upgrade from for a while. Around 30 I bet you could sneak into Mistmoore and work on getting an Electrum Bladed Wagasaki.