Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 09-08-2023, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SSF renux would be a real challenge to get the other two .. you need the book from Hate to spawn her, and while she is bow kiteable if you have sow boots, she has 10,000 hp so it'd be very possible to run out of arrows
If you build up enough distance from Renux, you could always buy fletching components from vendor in zone, craft em while running around, and reload for unlimited arrows. So yeah, tedious, but still possible.
Old 09-16-2023, 09:40 AM
Fire Giant

this thread has devolved into SSF nonsense. why try epic if solo self found? what a waste of time.
Old 09-16-2023, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

If you could bow kite Renux, Frozen Shard should be on the menu too. https://wiki.project1999.com/Wenglawks_The_Traitor
Old 09-16-2023, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this thread has devolved into SSF nonsense. why try epic if solo self found? what a waste of time.
Err, I don't think anyone is saying to do epic? They want to kill Renux for Skean.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 09-18-2023, 06:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Err, I don't think anyone is saying to do epic? They want to kill Renux for Skean.
Need book from hate for Renux... how would you get that SSF?
Old 09-18-2023, 06:23 PM
Sarnak

Allowing yourself a wizard port to hate is perfectly reasonable as SSF, just like getting a bind somewhere other than your starting city is reasonable. Up to each player whether they agree for their own rules, but if you really want to try then it's definitely possible to get a book SSF.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 09-20-2023, 10:10 AM
Fire Giant

Yah but certain mobs in Hate see through hide. And the mobs that see hide can aggro from port in.

So unless a raid is already broken into Hate, it's very difficult to get the book solo -- and if a raid has broken in: I doubt they'd let you sneak to book on their raid and grab it.

And how would you get out? Leatherfoot cap? Thurg potion? Is this rogue farming the Leatherfoot cap themselves? Or are they buying from another player. If the latter, why not just buy a weapon better than Skean? Pay for a TL box? Seems not very solo to me...

Making thurg pots would also be very tricky SSF. Maybe a lizard blood potion? Either way, my point is that SSF Rogue is ridiculous.
Last edited by zelld52; 09-20-2023 at 10:16 AM..
Old 09-20-2023, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my point is that SSF Rogue is ridiculous.
Yes, and that's why I'm playing one!
Old 09-20-2023, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, and that's why I'm playing one!
I'm curious, is soloing a level 50ish outdoors mob on your roadmap now? I guess if you are strict about solo buffs/potions you would have to acquire jboots, which sounds pretty hard ssf too. I do think if you get to that point that soloing https://wiki.project1999.com/Shardwing_Courier for a https://wiki.project1999.com/Frozen_Shard might be your best weapon.
Old 09-20-2023, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious, is soloing a level 50ish outdoors mob on your roadmap now? I guess if you are strict about solo buffs/potions you would have to acquire jboots, which sounds pretty hard ssf too. I do think if you get to that point that soloing https://wiki.project1999.com/Shardwing_Courier for a https://wiki.project1999.com/Frozen_Shard might be your best weapon.
People forget about Traveler's Boots. Although I suppose Jboots on my list at some point.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Traveler%27s_Boots.

Yeah Frozen Shard on my list as dream goal.