Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-07-2023, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by poxxy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For those who raid, how hard is it to buy loot rights to Rekeklo's War Sword? I'm assuming it just rots every time.
Most guilds killing Gozzrem (I think thats who drops it) would probably not be selling the LR. I have this weapon on my warrior which I won on an open roll during a quake. Its a better looking 2hs version of Narandi's Lance without the proc and worse stats. Consider Narandi Lance for similar DPS (yes I realize piercing caps lower).
Old 12-07-2023, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by poxxy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For those who raid, how hard is it to buy loot rights to Rekeklo's War Sword? I'm assuming it just rots every time.
Even lower end ToV raid gear usually doesn't rot. There is always some alt that could use a nice upgrade for 1 DKP. I think maybe someone got a Frostwrath for free one time in Aftemath because we killed Lady M like 6 or 7 times in a row and she kept dropping it lol. No one bid on it, probably because everyone who really wanted one got it in that timeframe. But even then someone claimed the free item. It didn't rot.

Usually the only time a ToV raid item rots is if there was some problem that prevents the winner from looting the item. I can't think of a ToV item that simply went unclaimed and rotted when I was raiding often. This is including when I was in top raiding guilds who were taking the lion's share of the content.

I got my Primal Avatar spell because it was about to rot and the guy who won it couldn't run over to ST fast enough. But it wasn't rotting because it was unclaimed.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-07-2023 at 11:37 AM..
Old 12-07-2023, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, on topic, where is a good spot for a warrior approaching 50s to solo?

I have a 47 warrior with iksar chestplate, belt of contention, frostbringer and skean. Greater kobolds are largely xp green now, but sonic bats are still off the menu.

Where to go?
I did a lot in Dreadlands. Not exciting or unique but vendors aren’t too far off. There are zone lines you can hot foot it to if you get in over your head, it’s outdoor so sow pots or jboots always work. Buffers come through frequently and free buff calls happen for the KC zone line.

Consistent single pulls are always a good idea with warrior solo.

If I’d had access to more premium high end twink gear like a fungi I would have probably spent more time in places like solb.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-07-2023, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have a 47 warrior with iksar chestplate, belt of contention, frostbringer and skean. Greater kobolds are largely xp green now, but sonic bats are still off the menu.

Where to go?
Troxx is pretty spot on. Can zone into KC and get buffs too.

SolB won't really be an option. Too many multi pulls. You need a couple outdoor 6/7 minute spawners that con blue.
Old 12-07-2023, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

Somewhat left field, but I had a rotation of gnome guards in steamfont I did on one of my warriors in classic. I have no idea if it would be good now, but it got me to 50 solo. On blue, I mostly grouped, but got decent exp pulling singles in CoM when solo.
Old 12-07-2023, 09:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Even lower end ToV raid gear usually doesn't rot. There is always some alt that could use a nice upgrade for 1 DKP. I think maybe someone got a Frostwrath for free one time in Aftemath because we killed Lady M like 6 or 7 times in a row and she kept dropping it lol. No one bid on it, probably because everyone who really wanted one got it in that timeframe. But even then someone claimed the free item. It didn't rot.

Usually the only time a ToV raid item rots is if there was some problem that prevents the winner from looting the item. I can't think of a ToV item that simply went unclaimed and rotted when I was raiding often. This is including when I was in top raiding guilds who were taking the lion's share of the content.

I got my Primal Avatar spell because it was about to rot and the guy who won it couldn't run over to ST fast enough. But it wasn't rotting because it was unclaimed.
Thank you, I appreciate the perspective and those of others who offered it. No problem. I wanted it so that when I eventually get bored and delevel I could go raise hell in Unrest with a 45 dmg weapon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-07-2023, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thank you, I appreciate the perspective and those of others who offered it. No problem. I wanted it so that when I eventually get bored and delevel I could go raise hell in Unrest with a 45 dmg weapon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently PL is now, try msging them
Old 12-08-2023, 03:32 AM
Fire Giant

Naethyn ever posting about warriors is the paramount proof that gear doesnt mean you know anything about the game. P99 is innundated with very geared people with very poor understanding.

Nothing but AC and MR matters levelling, and forget the MR if you avoid the shaman npc's by skipping the 'fun' zones. AC is so incredibly overpowered for warriors on p99 levelling, and at 60. There becomes a point when you 'cant' make a distinction between HP and AC, somewhere around the 6,600hp mark. But from 6.2k to 6.5k or so at 60 you can absolutely favor AC in a big way, and it's massively beneficial for all but about 5 mobs in the game.

Levelling there is simply no argument, AC is king by such a huge margin it's laughably obvious you've never parsed anything if you don't agree. This has been the case for 9? years on p99 now. Back in early kunark and classic here it was well broken and seemingly useless.

This isn't the same for all classes either. Rangers get almost zero return for AC. Almost zero. There is zero difference in parses on many levels of mobs between 850 and 1250ac on my rangers. Glad my Maclears's boots have like...dex or something idk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The warrior returns on AC are better than any class by a big margin.
Old 12-09-2023, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Where to go?
Get a reaver or shovel. Soloing with those weapons is a massive handicap and soloing with a warrior is going to get tougher. Past 45 stuff is just more of a struggle, don’t scrimp on ratio and bum buffs whenever possible.

I’d go Oggok, feerott specs, maybe Grobb. HK or Freeport.
Old 12-09-2023, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Where to go?
Bloodgills best solo xp in game until 51