Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Green99 or WoW Classic?
WoW classic 201 56.30%
Green99 156 43.70%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did not add Bush // Towers because I think at this point the fact that he did destroy the towers isnt an opinion anymore but facts
Old 05-25-2019, 03:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believe it or not I find classic wow more repeditive than classic EQ

idk what it is, I felt like, everyone levels up exactly the same way in vanilla wow... I could be wrong I have rose colored classes with EQ
Well the majority of players also level up in EQ the same way if you are talking about leveling routes. I do still agree with you though. I think it has to do with EQ's dungeons having the added element of players running around who aren't in your group and also with the rare spawn system. I know if I run UBRS 10 times I am going to see the same bosses 10 times and I only really have to contend and interact with my group. In EQ I could go visit a dungeon and each time it could be different due to some bosses not showing up, trains, camp disputes, wipe recovery, people chatting in zone, and the class composition of my group.

Even outside of dungeons you are still usually forced into a group in EQ (depending on class) so you meet and interact with tons of different people. So the majority of EverQuest is a social experience. With WoW I could level to 60 solo and only interact with people when I ran dungeon or needed to do an elite quest. The downtime in both games is also very different so you have lots of time to shoot the breeze with people in EQ where as in WoW you are often always on the move.

As for the polled question. I will be playing WoW classic. There is so much that I love about Vanilla EverQuest but it is ultimately diminished when there are too many players. Playing on Green would just be trying to relive the experience I had on the early days of live and the first several months of blue when the player population was low. Getting to 50 and raiding when there are only 2-3 guilds doing the end game content was great. Trying to contend with 6+ guilds in Vanilla EQ with the current raid rules is not what I consider to be a good time for myself.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the majority of players also level up in EQ the same way if you are talking about leveling routes. I do still agree with you though. I think it has to do with EQ's dungeons having the added element of players running around who aren't in your group and also with the rare spawn system. I know if I run UBRS 10 times I am going to see the same bosses 10 times and I only really have to contend and interact with my group. In EQ I could go visit a dungeon and each time it could be different due to some bosses not showing up, trains, camp disputes, wipe recovery, people chatting in zone, and the class composition of my group.

Even outside of dungeons you are still usually forced into a group in EQ (depending on class) so you meet and interact with tons of different people. So the majority of EverQuest is a social experience. With WoW I could level to 60 solo and only interact with people when I ran dungeon or needed to do an elite quest. The downtime in both games is also very different so you have lots of time to shoot the breeze with people in EQ where as in WoW you are often always on the move.

As for the polled question. I will be playing WoW classic. There is so much that I love about Vanilla EverQuest but it is ultimately diminished when there are too many players. Playing on Green would just be trying to relive the experience I had on the early days of live and the first several months of blue when the player population was low. Getting to 50 and raiding when there are only 2-3 guilds doing the end game content was great. Trying to contend with 6+ guilds in Vanilla EQ with the current raid rules is not what I consider to be a good time for myself.
yeh thats fair, I mean I can tell by the date on your account you already had a chance to play nilbogs classic server.

I got what I needed from vannilla wow from the Nost emu, so I myself dont need to re-live the classic wow server, i guess.. you are the ying to my yang smithers.

Im sure Ill see you around green eventually. If not maybe purple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2019, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel sad that on an emu server we're not all talking about how much better Nost was and will be than this corporate money grab.
Nost wasn't that great. It was just the best EMU.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And leave all their pixels and easy-mode twinking/powerleveling behind? I don't think most of them will be going to green. They will take the opportunity for getting more pixels on blue, most likely.
Most are. Be ready to cry.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most are. Be ready to cry.
Well, you are the expert on cancerous fucks.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, you are the expert on cancerous fucks.
After meeting you yes.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After meeting you yes.
Did you figure out how to count to six yet?
Old 05-25-2019, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Did you figure out how to count to six yet?
It's so cute dealing with the mentally challenged. But easy to entertain too. I'll get you a balloon.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:10 PM
Kobold

did anyone say neither yet
Closed Thread