Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

Default WEB DESIGN QUESTIONS

Hey there. I am working on my business's website and I have been getting about 20 calls a day from guys from India trying to sell me web page building services for 150 bucks.

Anyway, one guy told me that using a template website is a bad idea because it will negatively effect my SEO. I am not terribly worried about this as my website will be a place to refer potential customers to, and I dont think by itself it will garner much business for us.

But is this guy correct? Should i drop 150 bucks for them to build me a custom website? Its not so much a money thing, as much as its a pain trying to explain what I want. I can make something up with wordpress/elementor almost as fast as i can explain it.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:12 AM
Banned

No, he's a fucking liar.

Ignore the domain renewal emails as well.

A template/theme is just a preset design, it has absolutely no bearing on SEO.

Your content will mostly affect SEO.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, he's a fucking liar.

Ignore the domain renewal emails as well.

A template/theme is just a preset design, it has absolutely no bearing on SEO.

Your content will mostly affect SEO.
Thanks
Old 05-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks
There could be something lost in translation though.

He may have tried to say "If you're making your website yourself, it could affect your SEO"

Which is probably true, depending on your knowledge and experience.

If you're using WordPress, just install the Yoast plugin.

It's a solid SEO helper that's straightforward and user-friendly.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:25 PM
Banned

There are two types of websites regardless of what anyone tells you.

CMS Websites ( content management system ) Basically any pictures or words

E Commerce websites ( you are selling stuff on the site )

Before you decide what to install you need to figure out how many products you will have on the site, does not have to be close, just need to figure out if you will go above lets say 100 products as your solution must be scalable and offer listing options.

I would pm but I cant figure out how.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Do you think 20 guys from India don’t know what they’re talking about? Of course they are blowing up your phone because your SEO has already been affected and they can tell, everyone can.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Banned

No they sell your info as soon as you buy a domain and then they try to sell you a site for a low price but end up charging you tons.

Its bait and switch, you also probably didn't buy private domain registration which allows predators to start trying to sell you stuff right out of the gate.

Many of these type of companies will hack your site if you don't buy their stuff as well. The net is a shady place.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you think 20 guys from India don’t know what they’re talking about? Of course they are blowing up your phone because your SEO has already been affected and they can tell, everyone can.
Buying a domain is like buying a car, as soon as you do, you get spammed with tons of mail that claim you need to renew your domain (coming from a 3rd party) or SEO offers.

This is most likely what he's getting.

They send those to websites who have excellent SEO, it doesn't matter. They're mosquitoes of the industry, to a point where they tarnish the reputations of legitimate professionals.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Fish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many of these type of companies will hack your site if you don't buy their stuff as well. The net is a shady place.
So the Indian guy called my this morning and told me my website wasnt working. I thought that was off because everything seemed fine when I was last on it Thursday last week. So I type in the URL and sure enough it reads, "this site cannot be reached. ____.com refused to connect.

i try to use my admin URL and still the same thing. Anyone dealt with this before?

Not sure if these guys hacked me trying me to use their services to recover my website, or if this is all just a coincidence. I never game them any information, so its hard to believe they hacked me, but who knows.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the Indian guy called my this morning and told me my website wasnt working. I thought that was off because everything seemed fine when I was last on it Thursday last week. So I type in the URL and sure enough it reads, "this site cannot be reached. ____.com refused to connect.

i try to use my admin URL and still the same thing. Anyone dealt with this before?

Not sure if these guys hacked me trying me to use their services to recover my website, or if this is all just a coincidence. I never game them any information, so its hard to believe they hacked me, but who knows.
What exactly does the error message say?

I seriously doubt they hacked you, it's probably just a coincidence.
Closed Thread