Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-08-2024, 09:25 AM
Sarnak

DN is such a crapshow of a zone since spiders started summoning. Used to be fairly well organized, constructs always parked out of the way (mostly). Now you never know what you're going to zone into. Was much nicer when bards kept the zone tidy in DN.
Old 04-08-2024, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velks is now off limits to bard swarms. Tell your friends.
Honestly you could probably just start spreading this rumor around that the staff said they'll start punishing Bards for power level swarming there and like half the bards might just take your word for it
Old 04-09-2024, 07:06 AM
Kobold

10% a swarm at lvl 60 in velks. somebodyyyyy stop meeee
Old 04-09-2024, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

just steal mobs off the bard kite
Old 04-09-2024, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Or just accidentally cause a massive train from deep in the zone onto the swarming Bard. As we've said, the pathing in Velks is just so crazy you never know when half the zone could suddenly show up at the entrance.

"Oh sorry we messed up our pull for the third time and no we don't have a rezzer here" ...30% exp loss will eliminate the power levelers real quick.

(That was a joke, don't ban me staff)
Old 04-09-2024, 11:16 AM
Kobold

Gotta love the entitlement here. Talking about "My camp". If you've been at a camp for hours and say you've claimed the camp then why are there so many mobs up that require you to be pacifying multiple mobs to get to another mob? You can't "claim" a camp and leave the majority of the mobs up at the same time.

Here's some simple solutions for you, although based on the complaining tone I don't suspect that's the actual outcome you seek from this thread.

Solution 1: Actually hold down a camp if you don't want competition. If there aren't any mobs up and you're killing mobs as they spawn there's not really anything anyone can do to come in and take "your camp". Especially if their strategy involves kiting a large number of mobs.

Solution 2: Related to solution 1, choose a camp that you can actually hold down...If you're only capable of killing 4 mobs every spawn cycle and there are 20 spawns in that area than the majority of players are going to come in over the top of you because you're really just wasting the camp at that point and doing the opposite of holding it down.

Solution 3: Go somewhere else. I go back to the question of why are you at the entrance? Velks is a large zone and rarely has more than 1-3 people (usually enchanters) that are killing anything beyond the main room at zone in. You have pacify you can go virtually anywhere else in the zone, along with many other zones, to have an uncontested camp.

Solution 4: Get good. Learn how to compete. Alter your strategies to monopolize the mobs that you're after or to make it more difficult for others that also want to compete in that area. Let's be honest the majority of players on P99 are weak willed and when you actually are capable of standing your ground in a way that's not productive for them to also be there they usually leave fairly quickly.
Old 04-09-2024, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

Velks pathing really is a bummer. On my bard I found the whole frenzy/crystal eyes area uncamped, so figured I would ae it in the safe hall. One spider bravely marched off the path and glitched to the floor, now instead of a camp I have a Zone Disruption.

Two big bugs:

1. Spiders can fall off the ledge even when the person they're pathing to is on their level.

2. Spiders typically can't path to a moving player on a different level, so the spider remains a potential disruption for the entire duration of the bard's kite.
Old 04-09-2024, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta love the entitlement here. Talking about "My camp". If you've been at a camp for hours and say you've claimed the camp then why are there so many mobs up that require you to be pacifying multiple mobs to get to another mob? You can't "claim" a camp and leave the majority of the mobs up at the same time.

Here's some simple solutions for you, although based on the complaining tone I don't suspect that's the actual outcome you seek from this thread.

Solution 1: Actually hold down a camp if you don't want competition. If there aren't any mobs up and you're killing mobs as they spawn there's not really anything anyone can do to come in and take "your camp". Especially if their strategy involves kiting a large number of mobs.

Solution 2: Related to solution 1, choose a camp that you can actually hold down...If you're only capable of killing 4 mobs every spawn cycle and there are 20 spawns in that area than the majority of players are going to come in over the top of you because you're really just wasting the camp at that point and doing the opposite of holding it down.

Solution 3: Go somewhere else. I go back to the question of why are you at the entrance? Velks is a large zone and rarely has more than 1-3 people (usually enchanters) that are killing anything beyond the main room at zone in. You have pacify you can go virtually anywhere else in the zone, along with many other zones, to have an uncontested camp.

Solution 4: Get good. Learn how to compete. Alter your strategies to monopolize the mobs that you're after or to make it more difficult for others that also want to compete in that area. Let's be honest the majority of players on P99 are weak willed and when you actually are capable of standing your ground in a way that's not productive for them to also be there they usually leave fairly quickly.
This dude clearly hasn't spent that much time in Velks lol
Old 04-09-2024, 03:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This dude clearly hasn't spent that much time in Velks lol
Certainly not at the cesspool of an entrance. I like to spend my time in Velks doing useful things like lower/upper dogs or killing Velk/Lord Bob. It doesn't take more than a few minutes of hanging out at the entrance to realize the long list of other places you could go that would serve you much better.

Its pretty much the equivalent of high level bards and enchanters that need to group for exp, just write it off and move on.
Old 04-09-2024, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

kinda miss the days of sebilis being absolutely full of big xp groups