Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 10:11 AM
Sarnak

Wow OP was so impressed with himself with this thread
Old 08-24-2020, 10:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So just to summarize, the Mage cares so much about clearing his name. So he edited some logs but then sent them to you to post instead of posting them himself? Sounds a little odd. Why wouldn’t he just post them? Seems more like you forgot you sent me that message about how you were the Bard and then posted your logs from the Mage.

As for you moving, you moved at the beginning when the Mage was also nuking (you moved just to loot). However once the Mage went AFK the Bard also did. The Bard sat at the end of the bridge outside of aggro range for like an hour while the Mage pet killed the spawns, which I have the videos to show as I’ve noted. I’d also add that I also know you were both fully AFK because I watched Freddy rot multiple times without being looted when he would run out onto the bridge instead of toward the spires. He died right in front of the Bard at least several times and “you” didn’t get up to loot him.
Since you seem overly persistent to prove you're not delusional, so I’ll leave you with this. Nothing was edited as you claim to salvage your point - I take it you’re not denying the convo that was included in the logs where he immediately responded (It was a nice attempt to catch him slipping lol). Deep down inside you know you’re fighting a lost cause so you’re choosing the route of defamation to achieve whatever your agenda is. The reason he isn’t responding in this thread is because he doesn’t want to deal with your drama, which is clearly the right move so I’ll do the same. You’ll go one and continue to claim fake news, AFK for hours, dual box, etc, etc....so rant away. Whatever give you purpose in life. I respect your dedication, but kids, this is what happens when people take pixels too serious.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So just to summarize, the Mage cares so much about clearing his name. So he edited some logs but then sent them to you to post instead of posting them himself? Sounds a little odd. Why wouldn’t he just post them? Seems more like you forgot you sent me that message about how you were the Bard and then posted your logs from the Mage.

As for you moving, you moved at the beginning when the Mage was also nuking (you moved just to loot). However once the Mage went AFK the Bard also did. The Bard sat at the end of the bridge outside of aggro range for like an hour while the Mage pet killed the spawns, which I have the videos to show as I’ve noted. I’d also add that I also know you were both fully AFK because I watched Freddy rot multiple times without being looted when he would run out onto the bridge instead of toward the spires. He died right in front of the Bard at least several times and “you” didn’t get up to loot him.
Not surprised. I've seen them do this in multiple locations too. Based on the log the guy posted, it looks like they initially tried to keep from sharing the camp too, which is par for the course with these two guys in my experience (although quite possible not actually two guys lol). I remember in that other deleted thread from a few weeks ago there were other people who commented saying they had also seen them doing suspect stuff.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Normally you would be correct, but in this case the Mage was level 40 something and was using the level 39 pet whose HP is obviously much higher and is more powerful, but the real plus for the 39 pet is that’s it’s HP regen is super fast compared to earlier pets. It can easily take down a level 30 mob and be ready to go for another one like a minute or two later.
I respectfully beg to disagree. As a former epic Arch Mage on Live and a magician in my mid 50s on blue, I yet have to see such a pet with fungi like regen powers or get a pet that chain pulls mobs while I play /gems & profit from free xp.
Unless we're talking lvl 4-8 focused fire pets in a Steamfont kobold camp. Even a couple Crushbone cents and Legos would rip my focused pet a new one and had me running for the ZL

39+ pets with their improved regen rate only get about 1.5-2% hp/ tick when sitting, nothing off the charts.
I've read your posts a couple of times and yet have to understand if we're talking about 2 mages and a single pet or 2 mages and 2 pets

Anyway those pets (not sure what kind either) are actual lvl31 to 33mobs. Even if they're focused with a with torch/ stein/ shovel, I really doubt a single one of them could handle a couple mobs that give its master xp the way you described

As to their being afk, so what.? You duo/trio with a couple pals/ guildees, something come up IRL he/she has to deal with, he let's you know about it and goes afk for as long as he needs to while you keep farming some cash/ xp. End of the story. Happens every day without any boxing involved.

Looks like you hold a grudge against those guys. Why would you waste so long watching them in the first place? I know I have better things to do when I play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

if a camp I'd like is already taken, I just ask if I can get a heads-up when campers leave and I just move along, YMMV
Old 08-24-2020, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

looks like a bunch of "maybe evidence."

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-24-2020, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As to their being afk, so what.? You duo/trio with a couple pals/ guildees, something come up IRL he/she has to deal with, he let's you know about it and goes afk for as long as he needs to while you keep farming some cash/ xp. End of the story. Happens every day without any boxing involved.
Unfortunately this kind of thing is inseparable from boxing so it should be outlawed. What is stopping me from *AFK'ing* one of my chars and playing the other. I never play the *AFK* character so I just say it's my friend who had to work or something.
Old 08-24-2020, 01:37 PM
Kobold

The most likely scenario, I think, outside of there being nothing sketchy going on (possible), is that the person in question just has someone in their household that can pass boxing checks on demand but is otherwise not present.
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 08-24-2020, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I respectfully beg to disagree. As a former epic Arch Mage on Live and a magician in my mid 50s on blue, I yet have to see such a pet with fungi like regen powers or get a pet that chain pulls mobs while I play /gems & profit from free xp.
Unless we're talking lvl 4-8 focused fire pets in a Steamfont kobold camp. Even a couple Crushbone cents and Legos would rip my focused pet a new one and had me running for the ZL

39+ pets with their improved regen rate only get about 1.5-2% hp/ tick when sitting, nothing off the charts.
I've read your posts a couple of times and yet have to understand if we're talking about 2 mages and a single pet or 2 mages and 2 pets

Anyway those pets (not sure what kind either) are actual lvl31 to 33mobs. Even if they're focused with a with torch/ stein/ shovel, I really doubt a single one of them could handle a couple mobs that give its master xp the way you described

Looks like you hold a grudge against those guys. Why would you waste so long watching them in the first place? I know I have better things to do when I play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

if a camp I'd like is already taken, I just ask if I can get a heads-up when campers leave and I just move along, YMMV
You must not have played a mage recently then because with all due respect your memory is very wrong about a level 39 pet being able to take a level 30 mob without any help. I assume the Mage here was using a focus item to boost the pet, so that pet could definitely handle a level 30 mob, and then be regened up enough to handle the next level 30 mob 3 minutes and 20 seconds later (assuming the two 6:40 mobs were split equally). It's absolutely possible and I've done it on my mage on Blue. Idk if you'd be able to do that with Kunark or Velious mobs, but two level 30 classic old world mobs with their low HP pools? Very easy to do
Old 08-24-2020, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately this kind of thing is inseparable from boxing so it should be outlawed. What is stopping me from *AFK'ing* one of my chars and playing the other. I never play the *AFK* character so I just say it's my friend who had to work or something.
I fail to understand why you guys jump at once to the conclusion that someone's boxing. May be they just did not want to deal with / ignore someone breaking their balls at their camp? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would assume we're talking 2 separate players and 2 different chars. Very easy for admins to check if that's the case or not

You'd need to ask and get an IP exception or run EQ on 2 separate computers and running one with a vpn to get a different IP to do so

I'm not defending anyone, but where are the evidences that those guys are not just minding their business and playing the way they want?
Old 08-24-2020, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

I should clarify, by done it on my Mage on Blue I do not mean while AFK lolol, just that level 39 with the regen can easily handle a mob that's level 30. If you tried to do it with mobs in the late 30s that might be a different story.
Closed Thread