Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-25-2022, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CoCW is so much cheaper than CoF just because 50HP is that much of a big deal. If you can save for a CoCW, then you can save for a CoF.

I would not recommend CoCW.
Neither the 50 HP or the 2% haste is a big deal. Get a seahorse belt if you are on a budget. Buying a CoF is only worth it if you are a rich player who can afford to spend 20k on a very small boost.

If you really want a CoF they aren't too difficult to get on your own if you have a few friends, between Ragefire and Ixilblat Fer.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

CoF may only be marginally better than seahorse, but it is still better. Get seahorse over CoCW for sure, but same logic applies:

If you can save for a seahorse belt, then you can save for a CoF.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Buy nothing , app vanquish, get dkp, get shit for free , ???, Profit
Old 01-25-2022, 08:24 PM
Kobold

Once I get to my guilds static grouping range (around 35-40) would you suggest I sell the iksar bp and they plus 18k and some extra get the seahorse belt? Or should I just save more and keep the regen bp?

Edit: When I do get the seahorse belt, I’ll continue saving to get the cof eventually or loot as that is prolly a possibility.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

I'd stick with the Regen. Leave the DPS to the DPS classes and just buy some cheap proc weapons for aggro. Unless you're soloing, haste doesn't really buy you a lot and you can even solo without it. JBoots will make you happier than haste and an FBSS is good enough until your 50's if you really wanted it. By that time you'll be grouping in good cash dungeons to save up and buy whatever you want. At this point in the timeline you don't need to spend a ton to be effective.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

I would only sell the iksar bp for haste if you plan on only grouping. More haste means you generate more hate, and the regen isn't doing much mitigation work anyway with a healer. But if you plan on mixing group and solo play, keep the iksar bp for faster solo recovery.
Old 01-26-2022, 04:48 AM
Fire Giant

18k? easy.

Buy a reaver for 5-6k. 40/40 to level with is imbalanced and outrageous.

Save the rest for better haste, a truncheon of doom and two bloodpoints for lvl 50-60 duo/trio.

Add better haste as it comes along. Reaver first.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:18 PM
Sarnak

Reaver is absolutely the way to go. Sell everything except the staff of battle for the rare magic mob.

Go to platehouse with your shaman and get the helm, arms, boots, gloves, and legs. Shouldn't cost you more than 1500pp for all of that in gems. Get a FBSS.

I'd buy an iksar ceremonial BP with the rest of it.

Oh, dragontooth choker to your neck slot.

Idol of the thorned range.

Back would be ancient seahorse hide cloak.

And shoulders get barbed dragonscale pauldrons.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:46 AM
Kobold

Did want to give a quick update.

Got a reaver and I started tearing through mobs at 30. My agro wpns seem comparable to it for keeping agro, which is nice as long as the rest of the group doesn’t outtwink or our level me.

Wasn’t going to but I also got a deal on jboots for 3.5k from a guildee. Still have 9k atm.

Loving this warrior.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:52 AM
Sarnak

Good stuff! A good 2h'er will be way better aggro than proc weapons in exp groups.

Heck. I use a rocksmasher for aggro when I need an exp buffer in groups and I even have a freaking feverblade. (Not spending the dkp on a palladius).