Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-31-2022, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

I really don't care what they do with my toons on green when they recycle it. If they roll a fresh green(or red) I will play on that exclusively.
I may be in the minority in that view, but I don't think I'm alone in it.
I missed classic last round,didn't start up until just before velious opened. People don't put work into their characters, were all playing a game. If it feels like work,perhaps take a break.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup. There's zero negative impact to merging the servers in a year from now. Green will be (and already is really) very mudflated by then. Merge em, start a new Green for everyone to have a fresh start on and the Blue/Green merged server has your other chars there for whenever you want to play them.

If we had like 5k people playing P99 I'd say we could have 3 PvE servers, but the pop just doesn't support it. Even now tons of zones on Green and Blue are ghost towns outside of the typical "EXP highway" dungeons/grouping zones. The population almost can't sustain two servers at all...we're already extremely below the population of classic servers on live. A third server would destroy both Green and Blue...there would be no one to group with, the economies would become extremely stale, etc.
I'll respond to each point directly, in the most poignant way possible to save everyone's time.

Quote:
Green will be (and already is really) very mudflated by then.
This is simply not true. Multiple factors would need to occur beyond the passing of 12 more years, to reach the mudflation state that blue is in now.

Here are a few:

- Rampant RMT
- AOE Chardok groups and AOE limit being removed on green that existed on blue for 12 + years.
- Account Trading
- Mechanic Abuse that was never available on green that did exist or still exists on blue
- A Raid scene under multiple previous GMs that was not impartial

Quote:
There's zero negative impact to merging the servers in a year from now.
Outside of the technical limitations of names colliding, or 8 character limits for people who used the same account their blue characters are on and now have a total amount of characters (Blue and Green combined) that can't be supported by the client once merged, the ecosystems/raid scenes/and atmosphere on green would be completely bashed by blue.

I also still see no good justification for explaining why the larger portion of the population who enjoy green and what if offers, should be subjected to rejoining blue's minority population.

Blue players are free to make a Green toon anytime without a detriment to their blue characters, economy, etc.

Whereas your solution, and forcing green to merge into blue, would effectively destroy the economy, the mechanics, and the environment that is offered by green, giving a one way only change that most green players will return to.

I hear you, the population is split, it's a problem. But your solution of maintaining status quo I humbly believe undermines a larger faction of players on p99.

Green is ending, and yet, more people still choose to play on Green rather than play on Blue. Why do you think that is?

Additionally - this isn't just about pixels, pixels are a byproduct of atmosphere, which I believe based on the clean history Green has, is superior to blue in basically everyway, from raid scene, to leveling scene/population spread, etc.

Merging Green into Blue is not the best idea in the room nor the best solution, and its many arguments are frankly lacking in justification.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't care what they do with my toons on green when they recycle it. If they roll a fresh green(or red) I will play on that exclusively.
I may be in the minority in that view, but I don't think I'm alone in it.
I missed classic last round,didn't start up until just before velious opened. People don't put work into their characters, were all playing a game. If it feels like work,perhaps take a break.
This is a bit of sophistry dont you think?

Work and play can be just as enjoyable as one another. What we're talking about is time, and to disregard time in one of the most heavily grindy mmos outside of the Asian grind fests that existed at the time, is not only an oversight, it's short sighted.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

OP is a dingus

nicest way i could possibly say it
Old 05-31-2022, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll respond to each point directly, in the most poignant way possible to save everyone's time.

This is simply not true. Multiple factors would need to occur beyond the passing of 12 more years, to reach the mudflation state that blue is in now.

Here are a few:

- Rampant RMT
- AOE Chardok groups and AOE limit being removed on green that existed on blue for 12 + years.
- Account Trading
- Mechanic Abuse that was never available on green that did exist or still exists on blue
- A Raid scene under multiple previous GMs that was not impartial

Outside of the technical limitations of names colliding, or 8 character limits for people who used the same account their blue characters are on and now have a total amount of characters (Blue and Green combined) that can't be supported by the client once merged, the ecosystems/raid scenes/and atmosphere on green would be completely bashed by blue.

I also still see no good justification for explaining why the larger portion of the population who enjoy green and what if offers, should be subjected to rejoining blue's minority population.

Blue players are free to make a Green toon anytime without a detriment to their blue characters, economy, etc.

Whereas your solution, and forcing green to merge into blue, would effectively destroy the economy, the mechanics, and the environment that is offered by green, giving a one way only change that most green players will return to.

I hear you, the population is split, it's a problem. But your solution of maintaining status quo I humbly believe undermines a larger faction of players on p99.

Green is ending, and yet, more people still choose to play on Green rather than play on Blue. Why do you think that is?

Additionally - this isn't just about pixels, pixels are a byproduct of atmosphere, which I believe based on the clean history Green has, is superior to blue in basically everyway, from raid scene, to leveling scene/population spread, etc.

Merging Green into Blue is not the best idea in the room nor the best solution, and its many arguments are frankly lacking in justification.
That’s a lot of words to come to the conclusion of what you think or say doesn’t matter. They said they plan to merge it. They’re the people who will have to pay for a third pve server if they don’t merge; I don’t think they care at all what your opinion on the matter is lol

The fortunate thing for you is that merging really won’t be a negative thing at all.
Old 05-31-2022, 10:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s a lot of words to come to the conclusion of what you think or say doesn’t matter. They said they plan to merge it. They’re the people who will have to pay for a third pve server if they don’t merge; I don’t think they care at all what your opinion on the matter is lol

The fortunate thing for you is that merging really won’t be a negative thing at all.
I read this as "Yeah you make good points that I have no counters for, but I'm going to rely on rumors to say my point matters despite how irrational it is."

Sure, fine. Like I said, it may be a solution, just a poor one. Wouldn't be the first, nor last time, such situations happened.
Old 06-01-2022, 01:33 AM
Orc

i say they just delete blue, merge green into red. and start red 2.0. optimal solution for maximal RnF crying threads from grown men who need to log off and get a doctor to look at that sore on their ass. if i was a dev i would ban anyone who bitched this much about the VOLUNTEER work i was doing for FREE.

be happy you have anything to log into that isnt live trash. may the god bless the devs for all their years.
Old 06-01-2022, 02:49 AM
Fire Giant

If you care a lot about Guise of the deceiver or whatever crappy guk item you should probably go outside take a walk or something
Old 06-01-2022, 04:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blue should just be the dumping ground for green characters if/when a new green starts. who cares if the blue economy if out of whack or if there would be new legacy items introduced or whatever else. none of it matters, it's all just pixels. the thing that matters the most if the preservation of people's toons, and the ability to continue to play them as desired. blue provides both of those things for current green toons.

+1 for merger.
This. ^

Green was never designed to be a permanent server. From the moment it was announced, it was intended to be a cycling TLP. A lot of people on green started green for the fresh experience. The vast majority are going to jump ship to green 2.0 when that starts. If green was maintained after launch of green 2.0, it would become a ghost town server like red. All your precious green pixels will mean less on a dead server than they would on blue.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:38 AM
Kobold

OP I don't see how blue, where every 3rd person isn't a fake dark elf, and every 4th person isn't spamming a manastone, is the server you're fearing mudlfation from.