Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Aviak

Default Cant open the game.

I followed the original installation instructions. I have EQEmu opened and WinEQ2.0 up. They are both running under administrator, and when the game opens it up it opens up a black window and then kind of flickers into little ones (and the taskbar too) until it just closes. Not on Processes or anything. Closes itself.

I'm on a laptop with Windows Vista.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Banned

hmm kinda sounds like its trying to run in fullscreen then crashes. although wineq should fix that. hmm. you say you have eqemu opened and wineq2, not sure why these are both open, you either use one or the other (or none). first i would try opening eq without the launcher or wineq2, if it starts in full screen hit control + enter or alt + enter, cant remember which one but should bring it back to windowed mode. anyhow see if it loads up without all that extra crap then get back to me. vista is a pain in the ass for everything but ill still try to help.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
alt + enter
this one is for switching between windowed and full
Old 09-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Fire Giant

Does it give you a message with like "error fx0000000" or something like that? I think this is what was happening to me...my eqclient.ini file or something was messed up.. or something about resolution? Idk... Hopefully this jogs someone else's brain because I honestly can't explain what I did to fix it, Yiblaan + Kimmie + mumble pretty much walked me through it. Good luck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]