Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 07:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys, i am in the market for a new gaming pc. I was wondering what websites people suggest as well as what builds. I can't build my own pc nor do i have the time, however i have the money. Although my brother in law could sometimes you dont want to be patient you know? Anyways my budget is about 900 dollars. To all the computer savy people, what do you suggest website, build kit, etc.

Any input is greatly appreciated thanks alot fellow p99ers
just research and build it yourself. 900 dollar self built could get you ~1500 pre built.
Its really not that hard
Old 09-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tigerdirect > newegg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ummmmm, no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe youve had better results, but imo newegg rma and shipping policy eat butt
They both have their ups and downs. Tiger Direct has more options for specialty rigs, Newegg has more sales/specials.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

I've tried both tigerdirect and newegg. Haven't used tigerdirect in the last 10 years, so my info may be out of date, but I go with newegg.

Also Google pick my pc parts. That's a good site similar to the one listed above. Just easier to remember.

I would buy a midsized case so you don't have cable length issues. Get a 2nd Gen mobo from asus that suports the I7 intel processors. . A 2 tb hdd(hold out to upgrade to a ssd until you have some cash free up, then put your OS and your fav game on it). The rest of the parts you can fill up with whatever just to get you off the ground. Upgrade it later as your needs increase. The good mobo is what's important.

Good luck.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread