Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

Default Iksar SK weapon question.

My primary alt is a pretty well geared 60 Iksar Sk.

He currently uses Greenmist and I enjoy the weapon because of the proc and stats it adds. It also allows me to use a shield which add more stats and provides me with ability to bash. However it doesn’t do a great amount of damage. My question is would getting my actual SK Epic (would have to buy LR for 75k part) actually benefit me (all around) far more than using my Greenmist/Shield? Would cost justify the potential upgrade? It should also be mentioned I don’t raid, I mostly will just duo that char in sebilis or other zones with my brothers few lvl 60 chars. Mostly duo my Sk with enc or shaman.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Just for info, greenmist and epic proc stack for a 80 hp tap total
Old 01-28-2021, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

It's nice to have the epic for the character completion feeling, no doubt about it... but remember a lot of times you're tanking and you want that shield AC anyway.

I never finished my SK epic. I'd like it just for completion but honestly I'm not sure I'd use it unless someone else was tanking something.

Depends on your playstyle perhaps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-28-2021, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...but honestly I'm not sure I'd use it unless someone else was tanking something.
You would. The epic proc reduces the incoming healing you need a lot more than 40 or 50 AC does. The only time I put a shield on is when I need to absorb hits from something that hits VERY hard and hasn't been slowed yet; once slowed I switch back to the epic anyway.

----------------------------------------

I don't have a Greenmist being as I'm not an Iksar. I do have Innoruuk's Curse. Looking at Greenmist on P99 wiki, if I had that I probably wouldn't be overly concerned with getting the regular epic. Looks like a case of "six of one, half dozen of the other." Less health per tick on the Greenmist proc, but you can wear a shield and it lasts longer.

How well does the Greenmist proc land on stuff that's REALLY resistant (like the kind of stuff that takes the shaman 5-6 tries to land slow)? Does it have a resist modifier like the epic proc has? That might influence your decision. I suppose you'd also take about twice as many ripostes with the Greenmist. It still seems like a lot of plat to spend on something that's probably only a modest improvement, not a dramatic one.

Danth
Old 01-28-2021, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Epic proc lands on most everything the majority of the time, even targets that resist shround of un/death. Even against something as resistant as Strong Horn it lands more than 50% of the time. And what it lacks in damage output compared to high end Velious weapons, it makes up for in self-sustainability. If you're seeing few resists off Greenmist, it's probably best to invest your plat elsewhere though.
Old 01-28-2021, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

Having both on an alt, I use epic for dps, when it proc I switvh to greenmist to try to get a second and I return to epic... Epic dps way better, greenmist get you better tanking stats, so solo => epic mainly, group => greenmist, raid => epic
Old 01-28-2021, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

I can’t imagine epic just blows away greenmist. It’s slow and the ratio isn’t that far off. Based on your usage if you need more dps id just pick up a Lance or reaver, you have a healer partner so you don’t need to proc 2 epics unless you want the sk epic for looks.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

The main reason to have both is to stack the procs for solo. Also as others have mentioned the IC proc lands way easier on MR targets, and is a nice low aggro weapon for raiding. Imo worth it.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

@crede epic dps way better just like any 2hander due to the new damage bonus, I get around 15more dps on epic vs icecone abd that's without factoring in the proc on easy targets
Old 01-28-2021, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Shadowknights just don't do a ton of damage sadly. Epic would be better DPS due to the 2H damage improvements made recently, but 40/45 isn't an amazing ratio. I would advise buying a Narandi's lance or reaver first (both cost around 10k), and check to see if there is a vast improvement over Greenmist in terms of DPS. If not, Epic would be a waste of money to buy for DPS purposes. The proc on Epic is the main reason to get it.