Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

Default Sk 2 hand upgrade

I'm a 43 sk currently using an axe of the lost souls.
It's been serving me well but just wondering what I should be working towards as an upgrade? I'm not rich and will have to work towards it
Old 12-20-2021, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

when you get to 46 you can zone into ToV and loot some really cheap tov 2hnders
Old 12-20-2021, 06:02 PM
Aviak

I'll bet you could still find Polyphenominal axes for cheap if you hunt around a bit. Green Jade Halberd is pretty good from what I recall. I would also suggest going to the wiki and sorting equipment by class, then 2hs/2hb. see what pops up.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:55 PM
Kobold

Get a Ebon Mace, no 2 handers are worthy until you get much further up in levels.
That said, probably that 25/30 lance from DN but if it has to be 2h slash I'd try to find a cheap 32/3* one from velious
Old 12-20-2021, 11:17 PM
Kobold

Get a noctivagant blade and an atramentous shield. Start working on your epic and if you’re an Iksar, your greenmist as well. Will only cost you time unless you buy MQs.

Those two weapons will hold you over extremely well to level 60 and into any raid or group content.

If you ever become a raider in a tov guild, there’s a ton of options for both 1h and 2h weapons and in Vanquish at least, many of those options are extremely inexpensive.
Old 12-21-2021, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Reaver is a good option if you don't mind it not being magic. I used that on my pally for a long while. After 55, sell the reaver and get Narandi's Lance. Those are probably your best options until ToV raid items. Epic is good if you are in a position to get it. I use my epic for most group content for the bash ability even though Narandi's has a better ratio.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Try and get slash or blunt weapons if possible. Shadowknights have less max piercing skill than the other two. Something like Iceflame may beat out your current weapon since it has a 0.5 better ratio and a proc, but maybe not. I haven't done parsing to see how much the lower max pierce affects DPS.

For players on the blue server:

An Ebon mace would be the easiest upgrade for now, as Tycohunden says. They are only like 1-1.5k now, and a higher ratio than your current weapon. You could also use a shield at that point for a bit of extra tank.

If you are set on using 2handed weapons, the cheapest upgrade would probably be one of the lower quality Velium weapons from Dragon Necropolis, such as https://wiki.project1999.com/Forged_Velium_Claidhmore . That is also around the same price as Ebon Mace, and higher ratio. Only issue with these weapons is they can be harder to find in tunnel.

Reaver is obviously great as Darkreap mentions, but much more expensive that the weapons mentioned above and harder to sell.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Reaver than Narandi’s Lance
Old 03-01-2022, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

Herbalist's Spade for the 3 minute root if not fear kiting!
Old 03-01-2022, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Herbalist's Spade is outrageously good.