Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-01-2023, 09:04 AM
Aviak

Default Enchanter Religion

I'm an enchanter level 8 and I chose Mithaniel Marr as my religion, how screwed am I? Is it a real pain in the ass in later levels?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-01-2023, 09:32 AM
Fire Giant

I would reroll. Religion is worthless for enchanters and it could be annoying for a few things.
Old 01-01-2023, 10:01 AM
Aviak

Ok that's one vote for a reroll, sucks I'm gonna have to buy all my spells again - took hours to earn that PP.
Old 01-01-2023, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Religion is pretty cool if you want to roleplay a follower of that God though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-01-2023, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Religion is pretty cool if you want to roleplay a follower of that God though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reroll agnostic. You will regret it later
Old 01-01-2023, 10:45 PM
Orc

I played an enchanter that followed Tunare to get cultural armor. Didn't effect me too much, but I didn't have much desire to go to evil cities anyway.
Old 01-01-2023, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

enchanters HAVE GOT to be Agnostic, otherwise most of your illusion spells are basically worthless.
Old 01-02-2023, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
enchanters HAVE GOT to be Agnostic, otherwise most of your illusion spells are basically worthless.
THIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 01-02-2023, 02:03 AM
Sarnak

Exclamation

I'd argue some neutral races like gnomes, humans, erudites will be pretty okay worshiping fairly neutral gods if they want to....orr even evil gods. People go on and on about the nice faction benefits of Innoruuk worshiping human clerics or Berty worshiping gnome necros for example [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS Faction matters most in Velious and all this faction talk in this thread is about old world....enchanters get invis super early and also their +Faction spells pretty early too. Worshiping a deity is most precarious if you mix it with being an evil race dark elf or "Good" race High elf. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PPS Erudite gives you permanent +5? MR, Gnome is perma wall-look hacks without casting a spell and are cute to many players, gnome Bertoxxulous worshiper seems to perfectly mesh well w the campaigns of carnage and death most P99 enchanters seem to leave in their wake. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Raj; 01-02-2023 at 02:14 AM..
Old 01-02-2023, 02:42 AM
Fire Giant

Imo there's nothing wrong with picking a deity if you want to for RP reasons. If you see your character as a champion of good and honor, go with Mithaniel Marr. You get a lot of tools to get by manipulating whatever NPCs you need to as time goes on.

The only thing it will affect is some factions and how your illusions work. On my Tunare high elf enchanter, my dude was scowling to certain NPCs in Neriak despite dark elf illusion. And he will have to wait till 16 to do the stein of moggok quest due to Clurg being apprehensive as a dark elf. But that was totally okay knowing I was playing the flavor of character I wanted.

It is a shame that deities are seen as a trap choice for enchanter but I think many of them are pretty cool with the theme of the class.

An erudite Prexus enchanter could model themselves after one of the infamous sea creatures of legend, the Sirens.

A Brell enchanter makes sense too, given all the metals and gems that enchanters work with.

A Bertoxxulous human enchanter working for the Bloodsaber cult, charming and luring victims into the sewers to be turned into minions or sacrificed to the plague lord, how badass is that?

And so on...

Play to the flavor you want for your character, you can make up for the shortcomings later. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]