Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Default Fungi Tunics in Velious

Will the price fall like a rock? Get higher due to King camps becoming less common?

How does the fungi itself hold up in Velious as far as quality goes?
Old 09-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

On one hand, there will be newer cash camps. The same people camping now will probably move on to an item with more value due to rarity.

On the other hand, the Velious equipment will make King camp easier. So a new batch of farmers will jump in. There will always be a need for the Fungi, but it will depend on whether people think the value in return is worth the effort of camping it. As long as there is a net positive, it will still be camped.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

We already have an example in the FBSS when Kunark was released. A month before Kunark they were going for 5k. A month after Kunark you couldn't get one for less than 10k. I imagine the Fungi tunics will do the same thing.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Plus you will have a return of players with money saved up in piles. They will all twink rangers since they can fear kite animals and will all want a fungi tunic.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlvarex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We already have an example in the FBSS when Kunark was released. A month before Kunark they were going for 5k. A month after Kunark you couldn't get one for less than 10k. I imagine the Fungi tunics will do the same thing.
Supply for higher end haste items more abundant with kunark/epic mobs. There will never be an item with the matched regenerative properties of a fungi tunic.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Supply for higher end haste items more abundant with kunark/epic mobs. There will never be an item with the matched regenerative properties of a fungi tunic.
That's the point I was trying to make. The fungi has dropped heavily in price as Kunark went on (just like the FBSS). The fact that it's the best regen item still means it's 45k+ as opposed to 5k. But when velious comes out I expect the Fungi to be 100k+ again for a few months before settling back down to ~45k after a year.

And as pointed out, there will be players returning who will wish to twink out a new/level 30ish alt that can afford to pay 100k for a fungi.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

^ theres already enough in circulation to assume anyone that isnt brand new to server has at least 1 that isn't an investment.

will never be 100k fungi again.
and thinking that people who liquidated: a. didnt actually rmt (which they did) or b. if they didnt wont be well aware of the market value of things.

its not like day one velious (winter isnt coming) releases all the people who "liquidated there accounts and gear" will come back in and the scramble for a fungi will drive the price up again when from what I see it is difficult to sell them at all now causing further stockpiling and king camp to be open to non farmers who want one but cant afford one to get it without paying plat. king is trivial to camp just a time sink unless they change pulls.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublefresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ theres already enough in circulation to assume anyone that isnt brand new to server has at least 1 that isn't an investment.

will never be 100k fungi again.
and thinking that people who liquidated: a. didnt actually rmt (which they did) or b. if they didnt wont be well aware of the market value of things.

its not like day one velious (winter isnt coming) releases all the people who "liquidated there accounts and gear" will come back in and the scramble for a fungi will drive the price up again when from what I see it is difficult to sell them at all now causing further stockpiling and king camp to be open to non farmers who want one but cant afford one to get it without paying plat. king is trivial to camp just a time sink unless they change pulls.
You don't think Velious is coming to the server?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlvarex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the point I was trying to make. The fungi has dropped heavily in price as Kunark went on (just like the FBSS). The fact that it's the best regen item still means it's 45k+ as opposed to 5k. But when velious comes out I expect the Fungi to be 100k+ again for a few months before settling back down to ~45k after a year.

And as pointed out, there will be players returning who will wish to twink out a new/level 30ish alt that can afford to pay 100k for a fungi.
Fungi shot back up to around 75k because Amelinda decided that too many fungis dropped within a short period of time so she ninja nerfed the spawn rate of king. As soon as word got out that the spawn rate was fixed, took a little bit of bitching in the bugs section, the camp was perma pharmed again. I doubt this item will go much higher than 60k ever again and will more than likely settle around 40 to 50kish.

This camp is just too easy for a duo with invis pulling. I don't know how it worked on live but invis pulling trivializes a lot of content and I would like to see it go away.

Asher
Old 09-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi shot back up to around 75k because Amelinda decided that too many fungis dropped within a short period of time so she ninja nerfed the spawn rate of king.
LOL best conspiracy theory yet
Closed Thread