Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quick response by gm! Thanks. However, the answer was expected. I am out the pp.

For those who this has happened to before, how do you go on? I want to keep playing but I just literally threw away all my hard earned plat from porting.
There’s no way I can bring myself to keep porting for 20-50 pp a pop knowing what I just lost.

Is the only logical thing to do is quit?
Make a new character and try to not think about all the pixels you coulda bought.

Retire the porter and take up a new life (or game).
Old 12-26-2018, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quick response by gm! Thanks. However, the answer was expected. I am out the pp.

For those who this has happened to before, how do you go on? I want to keep playing but I just literally threw away all my hard earned plat from porting.
There’s no way I can bring myself to keep porting for 20-50 pp a pop knowing what I just lost.

I invested around $20,000 into space coins IRL.

Lost it all in less than 6 months.

I want to die.

But I like blowjobs a little too much and you can't get those when you're dead.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

As someone who has lost far more you must have really liked the game to acquire xyz. Losing items/characters/plats isn't too much a problem if you have a deep passion for the game. A break is inevitable for soon enough you will hear the clarion call...
Old 12-26-2018, 05:12 PM
Banned

plat lost due to exploiting
Old 12-26-2018, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
plat lost due to exploiting
I’ll go with that lol.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

I am confused, is it difficult to look at logs? Why couldn’t a gm look at logs and see that I gave the plat to the guard? I have the time that it happened and everything?
Old 12-26-2018, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Think of all the fun adventures you must have had amassing all that plat, you now get to relive them!

If you didn't have fun perhaps it is a good point to review how you are spending your time?
Old 12-26-2018, 05:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think of all the fun adventures you must have had amassing all that plat, you now get to relive them!

If you didn't have fun perhaps it is a good point to review how you are spending your time?
Agreed. I think if you are questioning it, then the answer is to just move on... Don't force it though haha, let the burn out happen naturally [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-26-2018, 06:33 PM
Banned

I have done this before, on EQMac, accidentally gave the banker in the Bazaar 10k plat.

It happens - sorry for your loss.

Maybe there is no log because one would assume the NPC would just destroy the currency on trade since it can't hold it- however there would be a trace of your toon handing that platinum over.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

What were you buying?