Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 08:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Smile Newbie Travel: Neriak to FoB?

Hey everyone!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what's the easiest way to get a Dark Elf newb from Neriak to Field of Bone?

Planning on making an Enchanter to level with my buddies' Iksars. On that note ... where should I head to grab my Enchanter spells if I'm questing out there?

Thanks so much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-21-2015, 09:20 PM
Sarnak

You can get there via port to Emerald Jungle, but it's a dangerous path via Dreadlands.
You won't be able to buy chanter spells in Kunark.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I know I can't buy Enchanter spells in Kunark. I guess I'm just wondering where the best place is to run to when I need to buy spells. :O
Old 04-21-2015, 10:00 PM
Sarnak

That's a tough duo to attempt. How would you bind? I don't think you can bind in FoB. You won't be able to do it yourself until 12. If you guys want to play together perhaps recommend to your friend to change his race to an easier one. Otherwise, I guess wait until your both high enough to group outside of newb zones.
Last edited by Dac321; 04-21-2015 at 10:12 PM..
Old 04-21-2015, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

You'd want to at least have invisibility (and meditate) before attempting to make this journey. I'd advise against porting to DL.

1. Take the boat from Oasis to Overthere.
2. Get someone to bind you at the evil outpost there (in case you die on the way to FoB).
3. Run to Warsliks Wood, then straight to Field of Bone (no need to go through Cabilis).
4. Get someone to bind you at the ramp outside Kaesora.

The fastest way to get spells from there would probably be to run back to OT, grab a port and buy in Neriak (or elsewhere depending on illusions, but I don't know much about enchanters).

I imagine this would be more viable if you could stock up on a bunch of the spells you'll need before you head to FoB, though.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:23 AM
Kobold

I made a similar journey with my necro at lv 12 but from Qeynos, only that I'd recommend waiting til lv 12 when you can bind anywhere. You can get to lv 12 in a day anyway and then head straight to Kurns which is like 100% better than FoB!
Old 04-22-2015, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishanarchy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'd want to at least have invisibility (and meditate) before attempting to make this journey. I'd advise against porting to DL.

1. Take the boat from Oasis to Overthere.
2. Get someone to bind you at the evil outpost there (in case you die on the way to FoB).
3. Run to Warsliks Wood, then straight to Field of Bone (no need to go through Cabilis).
4. Get someone to bind you at the ramp outside Kaesora.

The fastest way to get spells from there would probably be to run back to OT, grab a port and buy in Neriak (or elsewhere depending on illusions, but I don't know much about enchanters).

I imagine this would be more viable if you could stock up on a bunch of the spells you'll need before you head to FoB, though.
I second this. There is the much faster/more direct DL > KC > EJ > FoB route, but if you've never done it before, I think everyone should do the oldschool boat route at least once, for nostalgia sake.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 04-22-2015, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, if you are not at least level 12, and can keep binding as you go, it is a waste of time without a Evac. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am sure a Druid or Wizzy will port you there, EJ, for free if you keep asking. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac321 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a tough duo to attempt. How would you bind? I don't think you can bind in FoB. You won't be able to do it yourself until 12.
You can be bound at the entrance of Kaesora.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the responses, all! It seems that it's best to wait until 12 so that's what I'll do :]
Closed Thread