Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They always talk about these mysterious TMO members but will never mention them by name.
I am the danger.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juevento [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, I have interacted with some of the mouth breather warm body TMO people. I promise you they don't have invis rings, charged caps, etc.

All I was saying is that stuff happens and movingly large force from VP zone in to a dragon kill spot is asking for something to go wrong.
Hush up mouth breather.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They always talk about these mysterious TMO members but will never mention them by name.
Hey stupid cunt, stop dodging me and get me on your stream.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 02-25-2015, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juevento [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey stupid cunt, stop dodging me and get me on your stream.
Not streaming till velious but if you want to co host a sirken stream sometime let him know.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I did. Could you point me in the direction of where it states that all mbos in VP must be pulled to ZI.

Cheers.
Look at this guy thinking the raid rules are actually published some where and consistently enforced. There is a reason people talk about "rule lawyering" and it's because on this forum you can probably find 8 different sets of rules that all contradict each other and need a guild lawyer just to keep up to date with GM interpretation. I think the actual rule is that raids can only have a certain number of people beyond the zone in, which results in trackers sitting at doors sniping FTE instantly. So while I suppose a raid could move beyond the zone line for engage, by that point the pull is already incoming and half your raid isn't even logged in yet.

In the current VP environment, the only way to engage at a place other than zone in is to camp somewhere other than zone in, which again, results in a suspension.

My point here isn't to argue over rules though, it is to point out that TMO and IB have simply adapted their strategies to most efficiently conform with the rules. Occasionally it does result in a suspension because the rules are very easy to break unintentionally, which leaves punishment up to the whim of whatever GM handles it. Pretending like a suspension is a big deal is dumb in VP due to the nature of the zone. It should be no CSR, and the only people Ive seen vocally disagree with that so far have been people who don't raid in VP and don't know anything about the zone.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs616 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the award for dumbest post goes to...

The current rules *REQUIRE* guilds to train to the zone in since it is considered a raid infraction to relocate your raid to another portion of the zone (unless that has changed since I last raided, but I don't think it has). Last time IB set up in the pad room they recieved a suspension.

This has nothing to do with the guilds/players strategies or play styles since those strategies and play styles have been dictated to them through the rules. Your post is like getting mad at the car infront of you for going too slow because the posted speed limit is 25mph.
I actually raided this on live, and we actually killed our way in like the basement dwellers we were. We did the same in Hate/Fear/Etc. Rules on this 'retro' server are in place because homos like you train shit all over the place instead of actually doing the content. To make it a car analogy: You are in such a hurry while driving that you blow through a red light while texting, and then you tell the cops the car that T-boned you was at fault because they are black.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galelor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually raided this on live, and we actually killed our way in like the basement dwellers we were. We did the same in Hate/Fear/Etc. Rules on this 'retro' server are in place because homos like you train shit all over the place instead of actually doing the content. To make it a car analogy: You are in such a hurry while driving that you blow through a red light while texting, and then you tell the cops the car that T-boned you was at fault because they are black.
Great, and if you tried that on this server you'd never get a mob. I really don't think you know what you're talking about. What you did on your server has nothing to do with how the raid environment has evolved here over the past 4 years. To keep in the spirit of car analogies, your like that girl whose broken down on the side of the road with her hood open like she is going to fix it despite not knowing the difference between a fuel pump and an alternator.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why wouldn't you though? It's an open spot, gives the most time to prepare while giving yellow text as early as possible. Why don't we fight gore / sev / fay on spawn? Same reason, minus the insane trash.
All of which roam and are in an open zone with little or no raid trash to contend with. Not particulary relevant.

I get that it's the best spot and other set up camps are a no go. The thought processes in train and zerg will never be defeated because it's the quickest way to get fte/kill yep. I suspect if proper racing was implemented the spread of mobs/loot would end up being similar. And you know, might actually be more fun ..

Does leapfrogging (classic) even happen anymore ? meh.. maybe my recollection of that happening is duff but I don't thihnk so.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs616 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at this guy thinking the raid rules are actually published some where and consistently enforced. There is a reason people talk about "rule lawyering" and it's because on this forum you can probably find 8 different sets of rules that all contradict each other and need a guild lawyer just to keep up to date with GM interpretation. I think the actual rule is that raids can only have a certain number of people beyond the zone in, which results in trackers sitting at doors sniping FTE instantly. So while I suppose a raid could move beyond the zone line for engage, by that point the pull is already incoming and half your raid isn't even logged in yet.

In the current VP environment, the only way to engage at a place other than zone in is to camp somewhere other than zone in, which again, results in a suspension.

My point here isn't to argue over rules though, it is to point out that TMO and IB have simply adapted their strategies to most efficiently conform with the rules. Occasionally it does result in a suspension because the rules are very easy to break unintentionally, which leaves punishment up to the whim of whatever GM handles it. Pretending like a suspension is a big deal is dumb in VP due to the nature of the zone. It should be no CSR, and the only people Ive seen vocally disagree with that so far have been people who don't raid in VP and don't know anything about the zone.
You make an assertion ( 1 cast iron rule ) like that which is impossible to rule lawyer and you dont have a source?
Old 02-25-2015, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GO OUTSIDE
Says the guy camping zone lines.
Closed Thread