Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-23-2024, 04:04 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default CPU limiter fix?

Hey all, upgraded to a Ryzen 7900x and keep crashing right to login everytime I try to log in. I read that Quarm implemented a fix on reddit. Any chance that can happen here or do I need to retard my cpu? Any other fix I do not know about? Thanks!
Old 03-31-2024, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

You could edit the runEQ.bat file to something like the below.

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C Start /affinity 1 N:\Games\Project1999\eqgame.exe patchme
Old 03-31-2024, 07:12 PM
Orc

Are you saying on a modern CPU its too fast and you can't compete or is it the smearing on screen that's the problem?
Old 04-04-2024, 03:36 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmove_broke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all, upgraded to a Ryzen 7900x and keep crashing right to login everytime I try to log in. I read that Quarm implemented a fix on reddit. Any chance that can happen here or do I need to retard my cpu? Any other fix I do not know about? Thanks!
I went into my BIOS settings and changed clock multiple to 41. Then used Ryzenmaster software on desktop to restore default settings as per the instructions from another user here. It works now.
Old 04-13-2024, 07:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I too am hoping for a fix that doesn't require changing clock speeds every time.
Old 04-17-2024, 08:24 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRMalice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I went into my BIOS settings and changed clock multiple to 41. Then used Ryzenmaster software on desktop to restore default settings as per the instructions from another user here. It works now.
I did this. It seems like the only way