Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Good find on the vindi video! I do admit it looks like push there is fairly heavy with him creeping along the wall.

I do disagree with you on the Zlandicar video, the entire raid doesn't get feared although some do, and you can see the video maker standing directly under Zland and casting a spell and Zland is not moving despite melee being in front.

It looks like it takes from 0:44 to 1:17 or so to push him up the ledge (to where you see his graphic lift up). That is a proverbial lifetime in P99 terms to move that short distance.

I rewatched the Gore video at like 1:22 I see her foot 'teleport' once is all. This could easily have been a knockback spell as well, and is not what I would consider a gradual push. On P99 even slowed you can push Gore a far greater distance.

And I wouldn't discount the Maestro / Inny / CT videos, even if some folks are spread a bit more around, the majority are facing towards a general direction with little push in that time frame. On P99 you are switching push on white wurms in HoT at least 2-3 times.

The vindi video possibly could validate some of the push on P99, but I think it a mistake to disregard everything else based on that (even the unquantifiable comments). I did see a post on safehouse that specifically was explaining push much how we understand it on P99, and a reply mentioned that proximity of your melee attack caused increased push (was just a theory). Perhaps that is what we are seeing in the vindi video?

Would love to see more videos if anyone wants to dig them up! Even grouping or jugg farming or something, anything with some extended melee exchanges.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

You know, I rewatched the Cazic video and tried to document the push positions, I may wind up eating crow on this one.

From 3:02 - 3:24 (22 secs) the majority of the raid is on the left side and pushing Cazic right (a tank in back and some to the sides). They only manage to push him the width of a dwarf basically, which is a very tiny push.

However, from 3:43 - 4:39 (56 seconds) you can see a dead corpse in the foreground, and they essentially push him to the tree in the background, and even a bit further afterwards (but the video maker gets up and moves). That is indeed a pretty significant push and it looks like everyone was on the same side.

Once I get back in game I'll try and measure the relative distances and try and document how many people were participating on the push in the Vindi / CT / Zlandi videos, as that seems to be some of the best views. Also curious to see if the rate of push turns out to be the same despite different number of people (not sure if P99 does not cap total push value / second or something like that).

Nevertheless, I'm still questioning mob channeling being completely by-passed from push distance. I've tried to find old videos of people fighting CHeal mobs as that is a long spell which could help. I would imagine there are Vox videos or other Gorenaire vids out there but I've been unlucky finding them. Any giant mobs from Kael or such as well. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 01-10-2019, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Is this due to be implemented here based on Torven's research over at TAKP?
Seems mobs did not have channeling until 2006. Based on reams of logs and a developer post. Curious how the abysmal efficiency of mana draining spells would be reworked. Or perhaps the mobs would need to be....?

good luck with that should be fun to play if you go with it
Last edited by Pringles; 01-10-2019 at 09:13 PM..
Old 01-10-2019, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

I'm on my phone, can you link his research post? Glad to hear some validation on this. May zone line pulls of gating dragons and pushing complete healing mobs be a thing of the past...
Old 01-10-2019, 09:32 PM
Developer

Torven did a good job implementing this on takp. Push and interrupts are “classic” there now. I will put it in p99s code when i have a chance. It will be a game changer.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

excite

#rootdeezdragons
Last edited by Pringles; 01-10-2019 at 09:57 PM..
Old 01-10-2019, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the insight Haynar, swing thy nerf bat true
Old 01-10-2019, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torven did a good job implementing this on takp. Push and interrupts are “classic” there now. I will put it in p99s code when i have a chance. It will be a game changer.
Flee stuns! You know you want to!

FD mechanics are hugely different here and I think TAKP's are a lot more likely to be correct.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone care explaining how it works on TAKP?

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 01-11-2019, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.takproject.net/forums/in...14-2018.12991/
Closed Thread