Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Aviak

Default 15 Sham+Druid Leveling Spots?

My RL friend and I try to duo an Ogre Sham+ WE Druid (neither twinked) combo on again, off again. We've spent some time and energy trying to Animal Kite in North Karana, because I read that it's easy and we don't get the pet exp penalty.

What are some different spots that we could try? The Animal charming is proving more finicky and boring than I imagined.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Level 15-24 - Oasis for Crocs and Orc Highway.
Level 24-40 - Mistmoore
Level 24-28 - South Karana - Charm Elephants against each other.
Level 28-32 - Everfrost - Charm Mammoths against each other.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

East Karana, Kurns Tower, Lava Storm maybe

http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-02-2016 at 05:47 PM..
Old 06-02-2016, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

druid charm doesn't rely on charisma, so it goes strictly by the level vs your level + magic resist checks when cast. At the teens level, charming can be a headache as you'll have more streaky resists due to a shorter level range of dark blues to work with. All that said, Lavastorm for sure. Or Unrest lawn trash to lvl 17 due to zone bonus, but good luck on it not being overcamped if you enter during peak hours.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
druid charm doesn't rely on charisma, so it goes strictly by the level vs your level + magic resist checks when cast. At the teens level, charming can be a headache as you'll have more streaky resists due to a shorter level range of dark blues to work with. All that said, Lavastorm for sure. Or Unrest lawn trash to lvl 17 due to zone bonus, but good luck on it not being overcamped if you enter during peak hours.
Is Enchanter charm the only one that relies on charisma?
Old 06-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

Yes. Whether you believe it helps bards or not, it's short duration anyways, so not really relevant.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

Default Alternate Thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofaelol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My RL friend and I try to duo an Ogre Sham+ WE Druid (neither twinked) combo on again, off again. We've spent some time and energy trying to Animal Kite in North Karana, because I read that it's easy and we don't get the pet exp penalty.

What are some different spots that we could try? The Animal charming is proving more finicky and boring than I imagined.
One thing I would suggest as being a druid would you look at Gumbo's list of animal mob type zones there, but consider the following instead of charming on things use Snare and Fear with the dot from both of the classes you will get full damage on mob. You can follow and swing on them if you choose for extra DPS or just sit and med while dots do the works and no real risk of damage to the characters.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

Charm and fear animal is criminally underused in Oasis. I see so many druids soloing when instead they could be charm duoing and alternating on fear/snare... barely lift a finger. Druid's can solo/duo with charm from 14-46 easily now thanks to Velious.
Last edited by Crawdad; 06-14-2016 at 12:26 PM..
Closed Thread