Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Default Question regarding Veeshan's Peak (VP)

Came across some interesting info during ClassicQuesting... on P99, do you need to be level 46 to zone into VP? Has anyone tried keying a toon and zoning in at a lower level?

Any info is appreciated.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Thank you Naethyn, working as intended then.

I came across this screenshot, shows a level 3 Bard in VP in era.
https://web.archive.org/web/20180221...pics/vp001.jpg

Does anyone recognize this location? Is this a known safe zone or would there be mobs behind them?

I heard it was theorized that a Veeshan worshipping Bard would be non-Kos in VP, maybe this lends some weight to that. Not sure why a level 3 bard would be keyed over another class with pet tracking (perhaps not known?).

Should note he has Silverwing targeted, is that possible from this location or would he have had to run around to target it?

Lastly, should be noted he has a 'guardian wurm' conned scowling. This may just mean these wurms could have been 'AggroPC' flagged (see this thread here on that) and other trash was non-KoS.

If anyone has further insight to this it would be much appreciated!
Old 02-21-2018, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

He's in what's known as the pillow room. It's relatively safe. Silverwing and Hoshkar will roam through there but I'm pretty sure the room is big enough to avoid aggroing them if you get out of their way.

Everyone is KOS to the trash mobs in VP. No way to fix it. The racnars do not see invis. The wurms can randomly see invis. The lava drakes do see invis and have to be snuck around, trained out of the way, or killed to pass them.

Ring of Scale faction will get you non KOS with the named dragons(like Silverwing). Veeshan bards might start non-kos to RoS but you can also gain the faction in Mistmoore.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's in what's known as the pillow room. It's relatively safe. Silverwing and Hoshkar will roam through there but I'm pretty sure the room is big enough to avoid aggroing them if you get out of their way.

Everyone is KOS to the trash mobs in VP. No way to fix it. The racnars do not see invis. The wurms can randomly see invis. The lava drakes do see invis and have to be snuck around, trained out of the way, or killed to pass them.

Ring of Scale faction will get you non KOS with the named dragons(like Silverwing). Veeshan bards might start non-kos to RoS but you can also gain the faction in Mistmoore.
Thanks Jaxon for the info!

I know that it is that way on P99, but not sure about how live was / is. I think Aalderon said something like the trash mobs (and Skyfire trash) are on some kind of 'Minions of Veeshan' faction which cannot be raised or what not. So the question was if a Veeshan Bard started off non-KoS to this in era.

Kind of curious why they were using this level 3 bard for tracking mobs, why not do a level 3 halfling rogue that can h/s to some other parts? Maybe the Ring of Scale faction boost you mentioned, but not sure if those mobs saw through h/s.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

That's how live was. More links and discussion here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27566

Saying that the level 3 bard was there to track mobs is making a big assumption that's probably not correct because as you say it's not very useful for tracking.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's how live was. More links and discussion here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27566

Saying that the level 3 bard was there to track mobs is making a big assumption that's probably not correct because as you say it's not very useful for tracking.
I only saw one post indicating that 'all of zone is on RoS faction', which wouldn't be correct (maybe post-revamp).

I think it is reasonable to assume this bard was a tracker, see no other reason for a level 3 to be in VP (aside from gathering twink items maybe). If the bard was non-KoS to Ring of Scale and Hoshkar / Silverwing roamed through there, you could probably assume the other dragons were spawned as well (looks like a lot of archives of raids did 'VP clears', not 1 or 2 dragons).

He has an assist button as well on his UI, did Silverwing buff other dragons that were on Ring of Scale? Maybe used that to determine if other mobs are up.

In the end, we don't know if this bard was Veeshan faction or if the wurm indeed was 'AggroPC'. If anything it would be evidence against a Veeshan bard being non-KoS in VP. But fun to think about!
Old 02-21-2018, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Silverwing will buff other dragons, like hasting Hoshkar. So maybe he triggered that.

But I've seen lowbies in there to pick up otherwise rot loot.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:47 PM
Kobold

Any class could track in Kunark. You could stand at the entrance in seb and type /target Trakanon. If he wasn’t up you’d get the “there’s no target named this” message or whatever. If he WAS up you wouldn’t get a message at all. Could have been doin that method.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Or this guy if you are in a hurry.
https://wiki.project1999.com/King_Kazon_Stormhammer

Christ that guy must have been running 640x480.
Closed Thread