Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

Default -shaman- I just hit 24! What can I do now?

As the title says, I feel super powerful and awesome with my new dot, canni, and regen!! What should I try to do now? I'm curious about charm animal, can I hunt like druids and ench do? charm one thing and have it kill the other until they're both low, etc?

Is there any camp/area I should try to solo?

Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks guys!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Crocs in Oasis are pretty good to charm and send against each other. Have invis v. animal ready to break and kill both.

Also root rot becomes way better with E-Breath and being able to sit and canni dance while the mob dies.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:14 AM
Sarnak

Doh I also just realized charm is at 29. Oh wells. I will have to wait on that! Am I able to solo mammoths at 24? i've heard it can be tough this early.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:23 AM
Aviak

I've just gone from 24 to 29 very quickly at the Giant Fort in WW (also bagged 2 Forest Loops). I have a Poison Wind Censer though so that helped a lot. Start off on Greenwoods only and then add in some Evergreens as they turn blue. I just slowed, dotted and tanked.

OT zone is not far away either if things go pear-shaped.
Last edited by Berendar; 08-20-2013 at 04:26 AM..
Old 08-20-2013, 07:47 AM
Orc

I have seen a lot of people mention the wind censor does it make that much of a difference?

My current wep is Harpoon of the depths which has been ok so far..

Also When i hit 24 i will be sure to try that spot out as it is nice to be able to stay close to Cabalis for my spells... my gear really isn't fantastic besides the Harpoon, i am wearing branded or whatever i was able to find on my journey do you think i will have trouble soloing there or does gear play a factor in being able to solo these mobs efficiently?

Formally
Ragnis
<Reviction>
Morell Thule
Old 08-20-2013, 08:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I able to solo mammoths at 24?
Yes
Old 08-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't recommend meleeing unless you have good gear.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

[TE=Berendar;1080955]I've just gone from 24 to 29 very quickly at the Giant Fort in WW (also bagged 2 Forest Loops). I have a Poison Wind Censer though so that helped a lot. Start off on Greenwoods only and then add in some Evergreens as they turn blue. I just slowed, dotted and tanked.

OT zone is not far away either if things go pear-shaped.[/QUOTE]

I need to try this spot out... So many people recommend it! I was able to solo one mammoth last night, it was db and with canni/regen it worked out pretty well. Then I could only find yellow ones after that, i tried one and it was going really well. Got it to 40% but then it resisted 3 roots in a row, then resisted my dot when it was rooted. I was at 45% hp and 40% mana so I pussy gated out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] maybe at 25/26 ill come back. I did get 4% xp from the db momma though!

I reeeeally wish I had a pwc. I cant afford it, and cant seem to sell any of my gear to afford it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] will I be able to do giants with a beetle stinger?
Old 08-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

How exactly do I get to WW? On wiki it says that loio is an adjacent zone but then doesn't show this anywhere on the map. If it is, I could just boat to FV, then go loio--> WW right? I really want to give this place a shot, maybe if I looted a couple forrest loops I could make enough plat to buy a pwc.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Aviak

I was in a lot of pain at about 20 but the Censer did make a massive difference for reaching 24 easier (to me anyway).

I was in melee fine before that, it just took longer with more downtime. I did have a couple of 5 55 rings which obviously help but other than that mostly banded. I think melee is fine at these levels as Walking Sleep is pretty effective. I'm continuing to stand toe to toe.

As for giants. A decent damage/ratio weapon seems key but give it a go. As a good race you'll arrive at FV and travel through LOIO to WW. If soloing fails there are always a few people around to buff or group with.
Closed Thread